The Student Room Group

Official: University of Bristol A108 (Gateway) 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by okaygirlwow
guys from stalking the past year threads we could maybe start hearing something back around the 7/8th of December !!!!

omg thank you so much, so is it like a two week notice from the offer until the actual interview ?
Original post by halloreem
omg thank you so much, so is it like a two week notice from the offer until the actual interview ?

i'm not sure! but from the past thread they got to book and i saw someone book for the 19th which was exactly 10 days after the date they got their interview!
I got an interview and got to pretty much choose my slot
Original post by smallfry04

that's so amazing well done !!!!! what day did you choose and how are you going to prepare?
Reply 24

Hi, would you mind sharing what your stats are?
Reply 25

got an interview today and chose my slot toooo
Reply 26
Original post by prosperx
got an interview today and chose my slot toooo

Reply 27
Original post by Shahdu

i wanted to say that i do have a guaranteed interview so my stats wont matter acc so it wont help in any form sorry 😕
Original post by Shahdu

Predicted BBC
GCSE 776655
UCAT 2540 Band 1
11 Jan
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by okaygirlwow
that's so amazing well done !!!!! what day did you choose and how are you going to prepare?

Me and people from school have set up a MMI group so are asking each other questions and giving feedback
Original post by prosperx
i wanted to say that i do have a guaranteed interview so my stats wont matter acc so it wont help in any form sorry 😕

CONGRATS!! i just wanted to ask, sorry i dont mean to be rude but how are you guaranteed an interview, are you an achieved applicant or are have done the bristol summer school or some other course before? thanks! i hope your interview goes well

EDIT: WHOOPS! sorry just read your msg from earlier, good luck thoo!!
(edited 4 months ago)
Predicted BBC
GCSE 776655
UCAT 2540 Band 1
11 Jan

Congatulations!! i hope it goes amazing!
Reply 32
Original post by anayasyed
CONGRATS!! i just wanted to ask, sorry i dont mean to be rude but how are you guaranteed an interview, are you an achieved applicant or are have done the bristol summer school or some other course before? thanks! i hope your interview goes well

EDIT: WHOOPS! sorry just read your msg from earlier, good luck thoo!!

hiya no its not rude i did a programme called access to bristol as part of bristol's outreach programme for students studying within bristol or surrounding areas ( i think if you live up to an hour and half you can do it ). This wasn't the only course u could do you could do pathways to sciences ( for year 12s) , summer school , next step , bristol scholars , basically any of the outreach programmes give you a guaranteed contextual offer for any course or guaranteed interview. hope that helps.
(edited 4 months ago)
Good luck guys. Gateway really is a good way to get started on the programme and makes the transition from A level to undergrad degree a lot smoother. Be sure to form up close ties with your cohort in your gateway year and maintain them in the future years. Former gateway students from the years above can also be a good source of advice.

Please do practice for your mock interviews.
Hi guys!
I am getting very worried because I haven't got anything back from Bristol yet about an interview or any update at all!
I have A-level mocks coming back from christmas holidays and I feel like it would help me prepare better knowing when the interview will be (if I get one).
In addition to this I have a pharmacy interview (backup) around the same time between Dec-March and I feel so overwhelmed as I have to revise for pharm interview, med interview AND mocks.
Has anyone else got an update from Bristol?
Original post by Anonymousbuddy
Hi guys!
I am getting very worried because I haven't got anything back from Bristol yet about an interview or any update at all!
I have A-level mocks coming back from christmas holidays and I feel like it would help me prepare better knowing when the interview will be (if I get one).
In addition to this I have a pharmacy interview (backup) around the same time between Dec-March and I feel so overwhelmed as I have to revise for pharm interview, med interview AND mocks.
Has anyone else got an update from Bristol?

I don’t know if its of any help but I got a fee status questionnaire because of my visa status so maybe they are starting to look into it and perhaps give out offers soon?
Original post by anayasyed
I don’t know if its of any help but I got a fee status questionnaire because of my visa status so maybe they are starting to look into it and perhaps give out offers soon?

Thank you!
I hope so, i really need to know soon.
where else has everyone applied to ?
Hey guys,
I was wondering how your preparing for interviews?
A lot of people say not to memorise set answers because it can come across rehearsed and it makes it seem less authentic
But what startegy is the best way to prepare for interview? I feel like if i i at least dont have an idea of what im gonna say im gonna be shocked and unprepared during the interview.
Any tips?
I have given some more generic advice regarding interview preparation here on this thread. It would apply to Bristol or any other Uni interviews.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7390614&p=98986901&page=24#post98986901

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending