The Student Room Group

Official: University of Bristol A108 (Gateway) 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ErasistratusV
I have given some more generic advice regarding interview preparation here on this thread. It would apply to Bristol or any other Uni interviews.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7390614&p=98986901&page=24#post98986901

Wow, thank you! This is a very helpful thread!
Reply 41
Has anyone else heard back from Bristol?
Hi what did everyone get for their UCAT?
I know people have got rejected because they didnt meet the threshold for bristol
Reply 43
Original post by Anonymousbuddy
Hi what did everyone get for their UCAT?
I know people have got rejected because they didnt meet the threshold for bristol

has anyone else actually heard back ever since the first batch heard back !
Original post by okaygirlwow
has anyone else actually heard back ever since the first batch heard back !

I haven't heard back at all. But i think their beginning to give our rejections, and maybe following the rejections they may start giving out interviews.
I haven't heard back at all. But i think their beginning to give our rejections, and maybe following the rejections they may start giving out interviews.

this is so nerve racking thank you so much !
Original post by fiziminaj
Has anyone else heard back from Bristol?

Yh I did and they said they put my application on hold tho. did anyone else have their app on hold??
Original post by Hydrophobe
Yh I did and they said they put my application on hold tho. did anyone else have their app on hold??

Really? Is it okay if I could ask what you got for uour UCAT?
and when did u hear back?

wait what does this mean i thought they only put applications on hold after interview i'm so confused so if you haven't heard back at all do you have any idea what this means. (i'm sorry i don't mean to interrogate you)
Really? Is it okay if I could ask what you got for uour UCAT?
and when did u hear back?

its cool, i got 2860 B1 for my UCAT and I heard back that they were putting my app on hold around last week or so, but they have this thing on their website why they put apps on hold tho which i copy pasted below
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by okaygirlwow
wait what does this mean i thought they only put applications on hold after interview i'm so confused so if you haven't heard back at all do you have any idea what this means. (i'm sorry i don't mean to interrogate you)

i checked on the website and it basically says that when they put an app on hold it means that you meet the entry requirements but they havent made a final offer yet. this is from their website VVVV

Putting an application on hold means that we have assessed the application and decided that the applicant meets the entry requirements for our offer, but we are unable to make a final decision.

[start]We may need to hold off on making a final decision or issuing an invitation so that:[/start]

we can assess more applications;

we know how many offers we can make to fill the available places;

we know how many interview invitations to issue to ensure fairness;

we can interview more applicants to ensure fairness across the entire interview period.

[start]We often put applications on hold until after the UCAS application deadline so that we can consider all applications fairly. Making too many offers early in the cycle might mean that we have too many students to fit into our teaching space or accommodation.[/start]
[start]We may put applications on hold until we know how many of our offers are being accepted. This gives us the best chance to get the right number of students on each course, ultimately to provide our students with the best university experience.[/start]
its cool, i got 2860 B1 for my UCAT and I heard back that they were putting my app on hold around last week or so, but they have this thing on their website why they put apps on hold tho which i copy pasted below

Thank you for your reply! 🙂
Got an interview today!! email was at 10:18, ucat 2540 b2. gave 2 options of dates, either 09/01/24 or 24/01/24. hope this helps everyone, good luck guys!!
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by aleishaisgay
Got an interview today!! email was at 10:18, ucat 2540 b2. gave 2 options of dates, either 09/01/24 or 24/01/24. hope this helps everyone, good luck guys!!

WELL DONE!!! could I ask what grades u got? And did they mention any other information?
Thank you!! I got ABB (I'm on a gap year) and the only other potentially helpful information I can think of is that it's on zoom
Original post by aleishaisgay
Thank you!! I got ABB (I'm on a gap year) and the only other potentially helpful information I can think of is that it's on zoom

Thank you so much! :smile:
Good luck folks.
Has anyone got rejected yet?
I haven't heard anything back from them and there beginning their break now.
Reply 59
Has anyone got rejected yet?
I haven't heard anything back from them and there beginning their break now.

Interview invites have been sent out already but I am not sure about any rejections, the only rejections Ik is some people not meeting the full entry basic requirments apart from that a lot of people have been put on hold or just nothing atm. I think they will send out interview invites until january beginning but apart from that not sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending