The Student Room Group

Official: University of Bristol A108 (Gateway) 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

yeah we all got put on hold about a week after interviews in january i got my offer about 2 weeks ago when the first offers came out and they got their offers this morning around 9am
Original post by Chillzz
There honestly was a lot of reasons,
I didn’t feel prepared for University and my A levels were not what I expected,
Also I save money taking a gap year working gaining experience and all that.
I got an offer my uob, and it’s basically justifies my decision.
It was a gigantic risk but it played out and is worth it.
(No offence taken, people have different route and plans with there lives, end of the day it’s the same goal we all want to reach and that’s to attend med school and be doctors)

Congratulations on your offer! Just shows how risks are important in life. Those reasons are fair points, i really hope you enjoy it :smile:
any more offers?
does anyone know if they’ve sent out rejections yet?
(edited 1 month ago)
a108 whatspp group for offer holders pm me :smile:
Original post by Mayahall
Is that for gateway dent?

sorry i just saw this now, and it was for gateway med
i got an offer😍
Original post by parirad
i got an offer😍

congrats!! when did u get it?
Original post by icha0713
congrats!! when did u get it?

thank u! yesterday 5pm
hi guys i had a question what does the brackets in alevel aqa chemistry mark schemes mean? do i get the mark if i dont mention what they hace put in brackets or not? for example for one q it asked for electron config. of ca2+ and i put up to 3p6 and mark scheme had the (4s0)in brackets.
0Report
Original post by parirad
hi guys i had a question what does the brackets in alevel aqa chemistry mark schemes mean? do i get the mark if i dont mention what they hace put in brackets or not? for example for one q it asked for electron config. of ca2+ and i put up to 3p6 and mark scheme had the (4s0)in brackets.
0Report

which question was it or paper its from maybe we could help :smile:
Original post by prosperx
which question was it or paper its from maybe we could help :smile:

it was 2018 aqa paper 1 :smile:
Original post by parirad
it was 2018 aqa paper 1 :smile:

okay so calcium has 2 outer electrons in the 4s subshell. so when its ca2+ it means its lost 2 electrons and it loses them from the 4s subshell so it would go from 4s2 to 4s0 so essentially theres no more 4s subshell and that means the last subshell would now be 3p6 which is what your answer should look like ( 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 ). They put the 4s0 to show that theres no electrons in the 4s subshell but i think you still get a mark for writing 4s0 at the end because it shows that you know theres no electrons in that subshell. however i'm not sure thats from my understanding hope it helps!
Original post by prosperx
okay so calcium has 2 outer electrons in the 4s subshell. so when its ca2+ it means its lost 2 electrons and it loses them from the 4s subshell so it would go from 4s2 to 4s0 so essentially theres no more 4s subshell and that means the last subshell would now be 3p6 which is what your answer should look like ( 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 ). They put the 4s0 to show that theres no electrons in the 4s subshell but i think you still get a mark for writing 4s0 at the end because it shows that you know theres no electrons in that subshell. however i'm not sure thats from my understanding hope it helps!

yhhh i put up ro sp6 and i thought i would not get the mark since i did not put 4s0
Original post by parirad
yhhh i put up ro sp6 and i thought i would not get the mark since i did not put 4s0

you would still get the mark as it was in brackets i think so it wasn't compulsory to write it
hi guys, do you think the majority of offers are out?
hi guys, do you think the majority of offers are out?

When did you do your interview because I haven’t heard back yet either
Original post by Shahdu
When did you do your interview because I haven’t heard back yet either

i did mine on the 11th january🥲 what about you?
i did mine on the 11th january🥲 what about you?

I did mine on 24 January
Original post by Shahdu
I did mine on 24 January

the wait is killing me🥲 how do you think ur interview went?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending