The Student Room Group

What unis accept resits for medicine without minimum achieved grades?

Hello, most UK unis seem to accept resits for medicine only if you achieved a minimum of ABB before, if you got less than this are there any unis that accept resits anyway?

Or if this is my case should I just resit my A-levels this year and apply with acceptable achieved grades? Would this be ok or do unis not accept undergraduate medicine applicants if they're applying 2 years after sitting their A-levels first? And do sixth forms let you link your UCAS application to them this late?
(Moved to the medicine section)
Original post by M_A564
Hello, most UK unis seem to accept resits for medicine only if you achieved a minimum of ABB before, if you got less than this are there any unis that accept resits anyway?

Or if this is my case should I just resit my A-levels this year and apply with acceptable achieved grades? Would this be ok or do unis not accept undergraduate medicine applicants if they're applying 2 years after sitting their A-levels first? And do sixth forms let you link your UCAS application to them this late?

Yes you can try applying through clearing but this is unlikely for medicine. If you achieved less than ABB but achieved the required later on universities do accept you, bear in mind most want an A* in the subject your resitting.
Reply 3
Original post by M_A564

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6649138
Reply 4
Are you eligible for gateway to medicine?

from 3 years ago during covid, would be surprised if non of them have changed their policies since then
Original post by el presidente de
from 3 years ago during covid, would be surprised if non of them have changed their policies since then

The linked thread is 3yrs old but the first post was updated a week ago.
Reply 7
Original post by el presidente de

Original post by Admit-One
The linked thread is 3yrs old but the first post was updated a week ago.

And it was by GANFYD so ....
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by GGIN
And it was by GANFYD so ....

:colondollar: :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending