The Student Room Group

Is it bad I slept with someone hours after dumping my bf

Question above, is this a bad thing?

Scroll to see replies

Nope - dumped is dumped, you're not expected to be exclusive with him at that point.
Original post by Anonymous

Yes if you're able to do that with someone after you broke up with your bf literal hours before you're a bad person because it shows you didn't rlly love him (unless he was abusive etc)
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Nope - dumped is dumped, you're not expected to be exclusive with him at that point.

I don't think it's about exclusive or not literally hours ago you were with someone else how can you go be that intimate with someone else if you loved your previous? surely you'd be hurt and focus on yourself for at least a little while.
I mean it’s not exactly the classiest thing, is it.
Reply 5
This suggests that you most likely ran away from this relationship and did not value it very much

We’re you that desperate
Is it bad - no

Does it look good to others getting involved that quickly - no

surely you'd be hurt and focus on yourself for at least a little while.

Yeah... that often means going out for rebound sex to try and feel different or desired. If your previous relationship/intimacy just ended then it's gone, it's trashed, you can't realistically cling to it anymore so not much point trying to put it on a pedestal.
Reply 8
Yes if you're able to do that with someone after you broke up with your bf literal hours before you're a bad person because it shows you didn't rlly love him (unless he was abusive etc)

I felt trapped
I felt trapped

Your the one that decided to sleep with someone why did you consent or allow it to happen in the first place
Reply 10
Original post by Mohammed_80
Your the one that decided to sleep with someone why did you consent or allow it to happen in the first place

I was drunk
Ask the boy you dumped and he would say yes

Ask the boy you slept with and he’ll say no

There’s always someone thinking you should live your life by their rules when, in reality, the only persons opinion that matters is yours. Your self esteem is built on the fact that you follow and are true to your own moral compass. If you’re comfortable with your behaviour then that’s all that matters.
(edited 7 months ago)
I was drunk

Ah that excuse well now you know the impact of over excessive drinking :rolleyes:
Not in terms of moral badness, you no longer have any sort of obligation towards your ex.
If it was done impulsively to get over your ex or to get back at him you might want to consider whether the motivation was coming from the right place, but it's done now and not really something to get hung up on.
Reply 14
Original post by Rufus The Red
Not in terms of moral badness, you no longer have any sort of obligation towards your ex.
If it was done impulsively to get over your ex or to get back at him you might want to consider whether the motivation was coming from the right place, but it's done now and not really something to get hung up on.

Wasn't done to get back at him, just kinda happened I got drunk and things happened with this guy
Reply 15
At least it’s better than before you dumped him
Wasn't done to get back at him, just kinda happened I got drunk and things happened with this guy

Tbh often happens this way.What do you think about it?
It's only a bad thing if you feel bad about it. And if you do its just a lesson learn to not repeat. Other opinions don't matter.
I don't think it's about exclusive or not literally hours ago you were with someone else how can you go be that intimate with someone else if you loved your previous? surely you'd be hurt and focus on yourself for at least a little while.

You can be with someone and not love them. Or you can stop loving them at some point in the relationship that's why it's so easy for some people to move on.
(edited 7 months ago)

Since when does doing something bad make the person a bad person. If this was true there’s be no good people on earth.
Get some life experience before you make blanket statements like that. Rebound sex is a plaster on a wound response. It might not be classy or something to be proud of, but it doesn’t make you bad!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending