Pure econ

ahh where?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Bsc Econ
GCSES: 99999999987A
Predicted: A*A*A* (Maths, FM and Economics)
EPQ: A

3 A levels may reduce chances for LSE but oh well
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Enzic
Bsc Econ
Predicted: A*A*A*

What A Levels do you do?
Bsc Econ
GCSES: 9999999988B
Predicted: A*A*A*A* Maths, FM, Chemistry, Econ
EPQ: A*
Reply 44
Original post by jobajojoba
What A Levels do you do?

maths, further maths and econ
Reply 45
Applying to Economic History BSc
A-Level predictions: A*A*A*, GCSEs 9999998887
worried about my personal statement and not having done history a level but can only hope now! just submitted my form to my school and waiting for them to send it to ucas :s-smilie:
if anyone else here is applying to economic history, what else did u apply for at other unis? :smile:
Original post by Enzic
Bsc Econ
Predicted: A*A*A* (Maths, FM and Economics)

Bro I'm at a top skl and alr ppl been rejected from lse. Minimal chance with 3 a levels unless Ur lucky
(edited 6 months ago)
What course have they been rejected for? That was quick.

Tbf a lot of people have gotten in previous years for LSE Econ with 3 A Levels as long as they are Maths, FM and Econ. LSE completely accepts that subject combo for pure econ, and as long as he's got a strong PS, you can't rule anything out.
But I feel it'll be a lot more competitive this year with the quality of applicants.

I mean I'm not sure what course but yh it will heavily depend on ps
Reply 48
What course have they been rejected for? That was quick.

Tbf a lot of people have gotten in previous years for LSE Econ with 3 A Levels as long as they are Maths, FM and Econ. LSE completely accepts that subject combo for pure econ, and as long as he's got a strong PS, you can't rule anything out.
But I feel it'll be a lot more competitive this year with the quality of applicants.

Quality of applicants has always been this strong, you just wouldn’t expect someone that isn’t a straight A* student to be using TSR and posting here. Most ppl here also EA so they have to be top students as they applying oxbridge too/got their shi rdy early on.
Reply 49
Original post by DarkAvengerBack
Bro I'm at a top skl and alr ppl been rejected from lse. Minimal chance with 3 a levels unless Ur lucky

idk after looking at some data, a decent amount of ppl that got accepted to LSE in previous years had 3 a levels.

My school is pretty good in terms of alumni getting into top unis, most of them did 3 and still got into oxbridge etc.

I think I’ve got a pretty good PS and teacher reference, ig jus gotta wait n see 🤷*♂️
Original post by Enzic
idk after looking at some data, a decent amount of ppl that got accepted to LSE in previous years had 3 a levels.

My school is pretty good in terms of alumni getting into top unis, most of them did 3 and still got into oxbridge etc.

I think I’ve got a pretty good PS and teacher reference, ig jus gotta wait n see 🤷*♂️

Does reference even matter as much? I heard they're only looking at the ref to see if there's any extenuating circumstances now.

What were the topics you talked about in your PS?
Reply 51
Does reference even matter as much? I heard they're only looking at the ref to see if there's any extenuating circumstances now.

What were the topics you talked about in your PS?

Teacher reference possibly is as important as your PS, they don’t interview and the ref. is the only way they can get to know you better. I was talking w some LSE undergrads, they told me to use the ref. as much as possible to make me stand out, so I’ve got a bunch of competitions/courses/books/achievements on it. LSE have this document where they list things that should be included in a ref and I tried to tick as many as possible.

Also, as it’s being written by a teacher it shows the uni what you truly are like, since you can’t really force your teacher to make u sound like a genius, 99% of references are positive ones but are also very generic. So if you can manage to stand out in it then it can deffo positively impact ur application. Have some key words in it that will catch their eye.

Really? Which courses???
Original post by Anonymous
Really? Which courses???

I don't know the courses but I've heard 10-15 ppl got rejected like that's how hard it is.
Reply 54
I don't know the courses but I've heard 10-15 ppl got rejected like that's how hard it is.

Bro they probably haven’t even properly started the admissions process yet, highly unlikely they rejected so many ppl from a single institution so early.
Original post by Enzic
Bro they probably haven’t even properly started the admissions process yet, highly unlikely they rejected so many ppl from a single institution so early.

Maybe
Reply 56

Well surely thats GCSE/A level requirements which are not met. That’s a lot of people.
Original post by Anyazz
Well surely thats GCSE/A level requirements which are not met. That’s a lot of people.

I go to Brampton manor academy 💀. They have one of the best GCSEs/alevels
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Enzic

Nah a lot of people get rejected really early on. I've seen plenty of rejections in Oct/Nov - the people who are not at all competitive applicants get rejected instantly. If you get a decision from LSE before Jan, it's most definitely a rej. They only start giving out offers after the equal consideration deadline.

And they have started the admissions process. They've sent out the additional information questionnaire and began processing it.
Reply 59
is anyone applying to the politics and economics bsc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending