The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official London School of Economics and Political Science 2024 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #90
i think this is quite harsh. 2 a stars and an a is not average at all- even more so considering that the person you're talking about is a contextual student. obviously lse is competitive, but they will hold everything in light of socio-economic context. i definitely think the person has a chance, but my advice would be to prepare for the worst but simultaneously hope for the best. what will be will be! it's out of their control now :smile:

would u say they hold ps to a heavy weight?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous #147

i got into ox ppe but honestly i am thinking of taking this over it IF i get in god willing💀

lse are definitely lovers of the ps and hold it in high regard, so you definitely want it to be very strong. obviously, they will view your application as a whole too, so it will be one of the factors going into their decisions. good luck! i've also applied to lse, but for law :smile:
i got into ox ppe but honestly i am thinking of taking this over it IF i get in god willing💀

Tbf it’s your choice but Oxford ppe is incredible plus cheaper uni so would be surprised you would turn them down
Original post by Anonymous #140
Tbf it’s your choice but Oxford ppe is incredible plus cheaper uni so would be surprised you would turn them down

tbh lse been my dream for years and i rlly like the course there plus ik loads of people going there so i just dont know tbh
tbh lse been my dream for years and i rlly like the course there plus ik loads of people going there so i just dont know tbh

Did u apply for ppe at lse or pol and econ?

Yeh fair enough, I mean your not exactly in a bad position, if you don’t get into Lse you have an offer to do literally one of the most sought after courses in the world haha
Original post by Anonymous #80
Did u apply for ppe at lse or pol and econ?

Pols and econ
Original post by Anonymous #140
Yeh fair enough, I mean your not exactly in a bad position, if you don’t get into Lse you have an offer to do literally one of the most sought after courses in the world haha

Yh I cannot be anything but grateful, even if LSE reject me I have litr no reason to be sad or down rlly😂
Original post by Anonymous #102
Got an offer for A+F, whilst retaking a levels. never thought it would happen.

Congratulations!
Original post by Anonymous #102
Got an offer for A+F, whilst retaking a levels. never thought it would happen.

they must have been drooling at your personal statement
do you guys think they will be looking at applications during the easter break?
Original post by Anonymous #93
do you guys think they will be looking at applications during the easter break?

NO!
How long is the Easter break ??
Original post by Anonymous #75
How long is the Easter break ??

its 2 weeks. also, on their website it says this: Our busiest times are following the Christmas and Easter vacations. Does this mean they do?
its 2 weeks. also, on their website it says this: Our busiest times are following the Christmas and Easter vacations. Does this mean they do?

isnt it just from this friday to monday?
Original post by Anonymous #156
isnt it just from this friday to monday?

no this friday and monday is bankholiday as its is good friday then easter monday. From monday its 2 weeks easter break. school starts 15 april.
no this friday and monday is bankholiday as its is good friday then easter monday. From monday its 2 weeks easter break. school starts 15 april.

last year there were offers on 3rd April of my senior so i guess they give offers during the break

Oh thanks, that means if we are not hearing today, then we will probably hear in like 2 weeks after the 15th. At least I can stay worry-free for two weeks??
Original post by Anonymous #75
Oh thanks, that means if we are not hearing today, then we will probably hear in like 2 weeks after the 15th. At least I can stay worry-free for two weeks??

yes i think. But i do think a small minority of offers will be given in easter as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending