The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official University College London Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi, I applied for BA English and received an email for interview today! Was wondering if anyone else has, and how they're planning on preparing, as my interview and admissions test are next week...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by disha23354
Hi, I applied for BA English and received an email for interview today! Was wondering if anyone else has, and how they're planning on preparing, as my interview and admissions test are next week...

congrats!! can i ask for your stats? gcses and a levels?
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
congrats!! can i ask for your stats? gcses and a levels?

Thanks! My A Levels are: English Language and Literature, History, Art predicted A*A*A and my GCSES were 9,9,9,9,9,9,8,8-8,8. What are you applying/have applied for?
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University College London Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University College London.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Hey guys! I'm an Int Student applying for PPE. I was predicted A*A*A* for Maths, History and Economics and an A in AS English. UCL is one of my top unis, have received offers from 2 of my choices already but get this one would be incredible! Would like to get in touch with people who've applied to applied to UCL for PPE/Politics to get to know the status of our applications and when we can expect them. I recently got an offer from Warwick, and hence am hoping we get responses from UCL soon. Good luck to all who've applied, I only wish you all well :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #4

Hey guys! I'm an Int Student applying for PPE. I was predicted A*A*A* for Maths, History and Economics and an A in AS English. UCL is one of my top unis, have received offers from 2 of my choices already but get this one would be incredible! Would like to get in touch with people who've applied to applied to UCL for PPE/Politics to get to know the status of our applications and when we can expect them. I recently got an offer from Warwick, and hence am hoping we get responses from UCL soon. Good luck to all who've applied, I only wish you all well :smile:

You probably won’t receive offers from UCL till after January - that’s when the London unis start to give out offers (normally after the equal consideration deadline) and they’re known for taking ages, and sometimes even until April/May.

Also congrats on your offers! Where else have you applied?
Thanks! My A Levels are: English Language and Literature, History, Art predicted A*A*A and my GCSES were 9,9,9,9,9,9,8,8-8,8. What are you applying/have applied for?

wait they interview for english? never heard of that before
Original post by jobajojoba
You probably won’t receive offers from UCL till after January - that’s when the London unis start to give out offers (normally after the equal consideration deadline) and they’re known for taking ages, and sometimes even until April/May.

Also congrats on your offers! Where else have you applied?

Oh alright! I'd hoped that by some miracle, if my application was good enough, that it may be expedited. Have just got Warwick and York atm, but also applied to LSE and Oxford (Lincoln). Hence, I expect to get my LSE decision at a similar time as the UCL one. My mail from Warwick had mentioned the same equal consideration aspect of the application, and thus I was surprised to see an offer by the 3rd week of applying. Cheers!
Original post by Anonymous #4

Oh alright! I'd hoped that by some miracle, if my application was good enough, that it may be expedited. Have just got Warwick and York atm, but also applied to LSE and Oxford (Lincoln). Hence, I expect to get my LSE decision at a similar time as the UCL one. My mail from Warwick had mentioned the same equal consideration aspect of the application, and thus I was surprised to see an offer by the 3rd week of applying. Cheers!

The earliest LSE sent offers last year was the 15th December, with most in Jan - May. So hopefully you don’t have to wait until after January to hear back and mid/late December is enough.

Good luck!
Reply 28
Original post by Anonymous
wait they interview for english? never heard of that before

Yeah, there's an interview and an admissions test
Ye

The earliest LSE sent offers last year was the 15th December, with most in Jan - May. So hopefully you don’t have to wait until after January to hear back and mid/late December is enough.

Good luck!

I sure hope so! I've also applied to some American colleges so I'll also have those to fall back on. That said, UCL is among my top choices in the UK so getting a swift decision from there would be incredibly gratifying. Let's hope they're a bit quicker this year!
Reply 30
Original post by gt4
Hey guys, I’m taking a gap year this year and I’ve got my A levels now (A*AA in bio, chem and psych but getting a remark though so it could hopefully be 2 A*), last year I was rejected from ucl for biomedical sciences when I had 3A*’s predicted. Is it worth applying again as I have my grades? I have lots of experience in labs so I don’t really know what more I can do to increase my chances of getting an offer. Also is it worth applying for both neuroscience and human neuroscience?

yo, i did the same thing but instead of a gap year im actually at my other firm uni rn, and i just sent off my application for 2024 entry. i was rejected last year too (for econ) but ucl's always been my dream uni so i'm really hoping i can get in this year, i don't have a lot of hope tho icl
Reply 31

Yes, I recieved my interview date for English a few days ago too! I honestly don't know much about the UCL admissions process and so was wondering if anyone had any info about what to expect for the interview questions as well as the essay we have to write? Any help would be much appreciated!

when did you get your UCL acknoledgment email, like how long after you applied. its been 3 days since i sent off my application and ive got emails from my other 4 universities but not UCL.
Original post by Anonymous #3

when did you get your UCL acknoledgment email, like how long after you applied. its been 3 days since i sent off my application and ive got emails from my other 4 universities but not UCL.

Not the person you’re replying to but I personally applied on the 26th Sept and got an acknowledgement on the 27th Sept. UCL was the first uni for me to send an email and it was only a few hours after.

Maybe you could check your spam/junk, because some email systems don’t allow emails from other domains to be sent (eg. if you’re using a school email?). But don’t really worry about not receiving an acknowledgement, it’s only been 3 days since you’ve sent it off and some universities even take 2+ weeks after you’ve sent your application to send it (at least that was the case with my application) and an acknowledgement email means nothing - it has no real relevance.

Be patient.
Not the person you’re replying to but I personally applied on the 26th Sept and got an acknowledgement on the 27th Sept. UCL was the first uni for me to send an email and it was only a few hours after.

Maybe you could check your spam/junk, because some email systems don’t allow emails from other domains to be sent (eg. if you’re using a school email?). But don’t really worry about not receiving an acknowledgement, it’s only been 3 days since you’ve sent it off and some universities even take 2+ weeks after you’ve sent your application to send it (at least that was the case with my application) and an acknowledgement email means nothing - it has no real relevance.

Be patient.

thank youu, that's reassuring hopefully it comes through at some point. its probably because UCL is my dream uni so i just started panicking when all the others got back to me haha
Reply 35
Original post by rathusan
yo, i did the same thing but instead of a gap year im actually at my other firm uni rn, and i just sent off my application for 2024 entry. i was rejected last year too (for econ) but ucl's always been my dream uni so i'm really hoping i can get in this year, i don't have a lot of hope tho icl

this year could be different so good luck 💪
Has any of you received any additional questionnaire from ucl economics programme. Also, who here has applied for the economics with a year abroad program
Original post by Lara_Karbritz
Hi, I'm Lara!
I'm studying classics, history and drama predicted A*A*A, applying for classics and the ancient world. I'm super excited to start uni and although UCL is my top choice, I am curious to know about green spaces and sports teams as I play field hocky and lacrosse. I won't be attending open days but have been to summer schools held at UCL. Super excited to apply!

Not really noticed any green spaces on campus...I mean there are esime trees but otherwise its largely just a city block, at least the bits of the uni I have to go to. The rest of the city is London so, there's some parks around but I don't think there are any immediately adjacent to UCL. Its not like Cambridge or anything where you're never more than 5-10 minutes from a green space it feels!
Original post by iamashmitb
Has any of you received any additional questionnaire from ucl economics programme. Also, who here has applied for the economics with a year abroad program

There is no additional questionnaire for UCL Econ…?
Reply 39
Original post by red2005
Yes, I recieved my interview date for English a few days ago too! I honestly don't know much about the UCL admissions process and so was wondering if anyone had any info about what to expect for the interview questions as well as the essay we have to write? Any help would be much appreciated!

The interviewer I had was very cruel unprofessional and I was rejected but at camb they were very respectful and prof and I got an offer without being pooled. That’s all I can say ucl English is not it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending