The Student Room Group

Help with a girl

Every morning at work I walk past the same girl, we both work at the same hospital. She always smiles at me. We dont know anything about each other other than we work at the same hospital. How can i initiate a convo in passing with her?
Reply 1
'Good morning, *insert name from her name tag* (or just call her a nice or friendly girl).'
And from her reaction you can see if she wants to talk or not.
Just start a conversation.
Reply 2
Original post by Kathy89
'Good morning, *insert name from her name tag* (or just call her a nice or friendly girl).'
And from her reaction you can see if she wants to talk or not.
Just start a conversation.

were both walking in passing every morning, i feel like shes interested as she gives me short glances and smiles but I cant force a convo out of her. How about starting off with a morning or hello then the next time she will be expecting a convo?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
were both walking in passing every morning, i feel like shes interested as she gives me short glances and smiles but I cant force a convo out of her. How about starting off with a morning or hello then the next time she will be expecting a convo?

Sure. It's a good idea.
Reply 4
Original post by Kathy89
Sure. It's a good idea.

Ok and then the next day keep building up convo....
Reply 5
Original post by Kathy89
Sure. It's a good idea.

I have not seen her yet but next time I will I will say 'morning' to her and then from there the next time try and build up a convo although how am i supposed to do this with someone in passing?
Reply 6
I have recently learnt that this girl has moved to another team/department within the hospital so my chances of seeing her again are slim. I found her profile on linkedin....should I add her or is it a creepy move? I have never had a convo with her although I was planning to make a move
I have recently learnt that this girl has moved to another team/department within the hospital so my chances of seeing her again are slim. I found her profile on linkedin....should I add her or is it a creepy move? I have never had a convo with her although I was planning to make a move

I wouldn't add her on LinkedIn just because you've never talked to her or know her name so she'd be confused and probably scared off if you suddenly added her.
Reply 8
I wouldn't add her on LinkedIn just because you've never talked to her or know her name so she'd be confused and probably scared off if you suddenly added her.

Now that I think about it just before she moved she was giving me 'the eyes' and started to smile every time she saw me, i was planning to approach her but shes obviously moved now so I dont know what to do
Reply 9
Now that I think about it just before she moved she was giving me 'the eyes' and started to smile every time she saw me, i was planning to approach her but shes obviously moved now so I dont know what to do

If she was interested then she wont mind me adding her etc......
Reply 10

You can.
I mean, you work together, there is nothing wrong with that.
Reply 11
Original post by Kathy89
You can.
I mean, you work together, there is nothing wrong with that.

We dont really work together and we never spoke we just work at the same hospital and i walked past her every morning a few times and smiled hence why im not sure if i should. If i knew she would be moving i would have approached sooner. How would she react if i add her?
Reply 12
I had exactly this situation. As was passing jumped a bit clicked my 2 heels, landed on my feet, did a short curtsy and waved at her. She waved back.
3 yrs later she's still my GF. You don't need to walk up to her, talk to her ... just make her smile, a genuine smile. If she likes you, trust me she'll engage. By her smile. Then you can confidently walk up to her and say this "I am XXX and you're?"
Reply 13
Original post by wisepole
I had exactly this situation. As was passing jumped a bit clicked my 2 heels, landed on my feet, did a short curtsy and waved at her. She waved back.
3 yrs later she's still my GF. You don't need to walk up to her, talk to her ... just make her smile, a genuine smile. If she likes you, trust me she'll engage. By her smile. Then you can confidently walk up to her and say this "I am XXX and you're?"

I did make her smile by smiling at her but im sure shes moved roles so i havnt seen her lately hence why im asking if i should add her on linkedin beating in mind ive never spoken to her. If she was interested in me then she wont mind. She seemed approachable whenever i saw her.
Reply 14
We dont really work together and we never spoke we just work at the same hospital and i walked past her every morning a few times and smiled hence why im not sure if i should. If i knew she would be moving i would have approached sooner. How would she react if i add her?

I can't guess how would she react, but based on that she was smiling at you, she would accept your friend request and maybe you could talk.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending