The Student Room Group

I HATE year 8

Year 8 is the worst. I go to a grammar school with ONLY girls, and as a transgender I hate that SO MUCH. Year 7 was okay, i guess. We were new and we weren't expected to be an "example". But what i really miss is year 6. I had friends who were boys. I could be myself. i HATE this "being older buisness". I just wish i could be happy again. What do i do?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by imJorZ
Year 8 is the worst. I go to a grammar school with ONLY girls, and as a transgender I hate that SO MUCH. Year 7 was okay, i guess. We were new and we weren't expected to be an "example". But what i really miss is year 6. I had friends who were boys. I could be myself. i HATE this "being older buisness". I just wish i could be happy again. What do i do?

Hi! As a student in a girls' school too, I completely understand your situation. It can be very hard to deal with all the judgement and whispering that goes around in a girls' school, but really the best way is to put it in perspective, which can be really hard, and I still haven't guite managed, even though I'm in Year 10. One thing I find helps is to invest yourself in things you enjoy outside of school - you could join clubs where you can maybe meet some of your old friends or make new ones - clubs that aren't all girls. They help you separate yourself from the school life. This is a tip but I am aware that it is really hard to do this, as social life at a girls' school can be really overwhelming, and I'm straight, so I can't imagine what it must be like. I think the only thing to do is to never lose sight of the fact that people's opinions do not need to impact how you look or think, and that you have the right to be your own person. Anyone who thinks otherwise does not deserve to be your friend, or spare any thought for them! I know this is really tough.
Also, if your school is a bit like mine, the "growing up" and starting a new stage in life is very overhyped. They put a lot of pressure on you for no real reason, especially if you are in Year 8.

Sorry, this may not be very helpful but my main advice is try to detatch yourself a bit from school life so that it doesn't consume you and take time for yourself. Finding a community that works for you in the school can take time.

Good luck, I hope everything goes okay.
Reply 2
Original post by 200000000
Hi! As a student in a girls' school too, I completely understand your situation. It can be very hard to deal with all the judgement and whispering that goes around in a girls' school, but really the best way is to put it in perspective, which can be really hard, and I still haven't guite managed, even though I'm in Year 10. One thing I find helps is to invest yourself in things you enjoy outside of school - you could join clubs where you can maybe meet some of your old friends or make new ones - clubs that aren't all girls. They help you separate yourself from the school life. This is a tip but I am aware that it is really hard to do this, as social life at a girls' school can be really overwhelming, and I'm straight, so I can't imagine what it must be like. I think the only thing to do is to never lose sight of the fact that people's opinions do not need to impact how you look or think, and that you have the right to be your own person. Anyone who thinks otherwise does not deserve to be your friend, or spare any thought for them! I know this is really tough.
Also, if your school is a bit like mine, the "growing up" and starting a new stage in life is very overhyped. They put a lot of pressure on you for no real reason, especially if you are in Year 8.

Sorry, this may not be very helpful but my main advice is try to detatch yourself a bit from school life so that it doesn't consume you and take time for yourself. Finding a community that works for you in the school can take time.

Good luck, I hope everything goes okay.

Thank you! Will do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending