The Student Room Group

Advice for Head Girl role

HI! have become head girl at my school this year and was wondering if any previous head girls/ head boys could possibly give some advice for this role.

I have an idea of what I could do to further improve my school, but I would like hear what other people have done to help their school for ideas and inspiration.

If someone could also give me some more general advice/ tips about this role, that would be great!

Thank you!
Original post by Anna240
HI! have become head girl at my school this year and was wondering if any previous head girls/ head boys could possibly give some advice for this role.

I have an idea of what I could do to further improve my school, but I would like hear what other people have done to help their school for ideas and inspiration.

If someone could also give me some more general advice/ tips about this role, that would be great!

Thank you!

Hi!
First of all - congratulations on getting the role!!
I am also Head Girl this year at my school, but we structure our prefect system so we also have senior prefects (which include the head boy and girl) so it also means that I am head of charity work.

In my role to do with charity, we have just compiled a list of all the major events this year and have organised things for our school to do to raise money for them (eg charity Christmas Jumper day). I just make a PowerPoint about the charity and what we’re going to do to raise money (like a bake sale or paid for non-uniform day) which I give to my head teacher who emails it to all students. So I guess maybe have a go at organising some charity work?

I also did a couple of speeches, for example at my school’s open evening and for Remembrance Day.

If in doubt, talk to your teacher and ask if they need anything organising or any assemblies to made, as they may have something in mind!

Hope this is helpful!
Good luck in your role this year :smile:
Reply 2
Hi @Tedious_Cat
Thank you so much for your advice, this is is very helpful.
And also congratulations on getting the role as well. I hope it all goes well for you.
Reply 3
Original post by Anna240

Thank you!

Hi ! I'm also a head girl this year, and if I could give you any advice is that to be headstrong and sure of your decisions. People, even your own prefects (especially those who had also applied for the role and didn't get it) , will be critical, it's a natural thing, but as long as you are determined and have assurance, you will prove to everyone why you got the role and will go on to do amazing things. Hope this helped !
Original post by Anna240
Hi @Tedious_Cat
Thank you so much for your advice, this is is very helpful.
And also congratulations on getting the role as well. I hope it all goes well for you.

No problem! Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ms_24
Hi ! I'm also a head girl this year, and if I could give you any advice is that to be headstrong and sure of your decisions. People, even your own prefects (especially those who had also applied for the role and didn't get it) , will be critical, it's a natural thing, but as long as you are determined and have assurance, you will prove to everyone why you got the role and will go on to do amazing things. Hope this helped !

Hi @ms_24
This is so true! Thank you for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest