The Student Room Group

Frustrated that BA Hons course isn't as good as previous years

I've just started the BA Hons at a UCLAN partner university campus (Think Glorified college) and they've basically taken away all the good parts of the course from last year.

No more 3D room,
No more Laser workshop,
No Ceramics Room,
No Screen printing workshop

And our Studio space is being timetabled for Animal management courses so we don't even have our own permanent space for projects to be worked on in.

Honestly I don't know whether to continue or not, the Tutors are fantastic and I know they're trying their best to block book the room for the year but the college timetabling are refusing and stating there are not enough rooms because the arts building has been condemned, so now we're stuck paying for a course which doesn't offer what it did before Summer and doesn't even respect autonomy to allow us to do self directed study in a studio space.

How easy is it to transfer to a different Uni and what Uni's in the Northwest are offering Graphic Design courses that are worthwhile?
Hi @19EightyEight, I'm really sorry to read your experience here - have you spoken to the partner university campus about this as there's often channels to submit feedback about the course directly. You can also contact our Partnerships Team here: [email protected] if you would like to speak to them too.

If you're comfortable sending us a DM on one of our social channels with further information on this, we would be able to pass the feedback on to our partnerships team too.

Best wishes ^ Daisy

Quick Reply

Latest