The Student Room Group

King's College London A102 GEM 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Is there no one else on TSR that got an interview in this batch??? Now I'm wondering if it was a mistake!!!
Original post by JadeN92
Is there no one else on TSR that got an interview in this batch??? Now I'm wondering if it was a mistake!!!

From previous years it seems like they do one big batch like the one on the 5th and then smaller batches up till March or so. Doesn't seem to be a mistake! Good luck when you get to it :smile:
Original post by JadeN92

I’ve applied for both A100 and A102 and have received an invite for A100. However, King’s does use one interview to decide on an offer even when you’ve applied to both these courses. Perhaps a few other grads have received invites for A100 as well so do not have the same interview date.
Reply 43
Has anyone that received an interview so far an international student?
Reply 44
Original post by rain8
Has anyone that received an interview so far an international student?

Yes! I haven't come across any other international applicants yet!
Reply 45
They're definitely doing little batches rolling along - I think that's how they've done it in previous years too.
I got an interview offer last week for the 24th with predicted 1st class, 3100 B3. Usually they won't even look at anything below a B2 so I'm honestly thinking if I don't perform spectacularly at interview I don't have the slightest chance, but can only try.
Reply 46
Original post by graaaaadmed
I asked, and they said the top scoring candidates will be made offers at kings and the others at portsmouth. From next year there will be 2 individual UCAS courses. At this point only interview performance and any contextual information is taken into account. :smile:

Did they specify whether this is top scoring as in top scores at interview, top scores in UCAT, or overall? Nw if not, just curious :smile:
Original post by remiro
Did they specify whether this is top scoring as in top scores at interview, top scores in UCAT, or overall? Nw if not, just curious :smile:

They said that following interview only interview performance is condsidered before offers are given so I assume it's top scoring at interview since UCAT etc was already considered for an interview invite :smile:
Reply 48
Have pre-interview rejections started being sent out?
Original post by Anonmed9879
I have wondered this. I have applied once in the past and was rejected in December in previous years. Please can anyone give information?

afaik no one here has said that they've been rejected yet but it might be best just to ask on Kings Apply whether and when preinterview rejections will be sent out and if all interview invites have been sent?
Received an interview 10/01/24, but very surprised. I have strong medical work experiences, but I'm currently predicted a 1st at BSc level, and achieved a 2870 B1 UCAT score. Yeah I'm just as shocked as the rest of you reading this. I am the top student of my course at my uni in London, so that may be a consideration. Interview is on 24/01/24 aswell! Best of luck to all who have heard back, and to those waiting for a decision. <3
Original post by graaaaadmed
Does anyone know whether those who are made offers will all go to Portsmouth? I chose King's for the chance to stay in London...

Also generally what's the ratio of invites to offers for this course? struggling to find it online.

Having looked at the details from previous years, I averaged the ratios as they varied massively in the 2021 cycle. There are usually around 40 spaces, 100ish interviews, and 1500 applicants each year on average. However, the number of applicants has increased each year from 2017-2021. The number of places for the 2021 entry was 9 offers. I'm not sure why it was that year, but I have also heard about increases to the number of places for autumn 2024, which leaves me optimistic.

The approximate offer to applicant ratio on average was 1 in 50, and the offer to interview was roughly 1 in 3.4.

I hope this helps!
Historically they only have like 2 interview dates, but given they are increasing the number of places this year, do we think they got more interviews coming out?
Original post by Keeperoflegends
Historically they only have like 2 interview dates, but given they are increasing the number of places this year, do we think they got more interviews coming out?

I too am wondering about this as I haven’t heard many people say they have interviews…?
My daughter was asked for her degree transcript just before Christmas, but hasn’t heard a peep since?! I’m thinking maybe she’s not going to get an interview now, but also wondering about the extra places so maybe there’s more places and therefore more interview dates?? Or are we clutching at straws?!
Reply 54
Original post by Beccaboo19
I too am wondering about this as I haven’t heard many people say they have interviews…?
My daughter was asked for her degree transcript just before Christmas, but hasn’t heard a peep since?! I’m thinking maybe she’s not going to get an interview now, but also wondering about the extra places so maybe there’s more places and therefore more interview dates?? Or are we clutching at straws?!

hopefully they have learnt from last years mistake... they didn't invite enough people for interviews and ending up going into clearing... but i am still waiting as well they asked for my transcript, predicted a 1st, 2980 B1 and i applied to both grad and undergrad
Reply 55
Does anybody know if Kings accept Paramedic Science graduates into their A102 course please? Although not a life science degree, their website does say that the course is also for healthcare professionals with equivalent academic qualifications.
Reply 56
Did anybody else have their interview this week? Not really sure how it went and of course I've now thought of about a million better answers than the ones I gave! Now the long wait :frown:
Reply 57
Original post by Anonmed9879
I have not heard anything back - they haven’t requested transcripts. Should I be worried / enquire with KCL?

Same here, no request for transcript or anything, what was your ucat?
Reply 58
Original post by jo3han
Does anybody know if Kings accept Paramedic Science graduates into their A102 course please? Although not a life science degree, their website does say that the course is also for healthcare professionals with equivalent academic qualifications.

Had a look at their accepted degrees in the past offers list and I'm 95% sure paramedic science was on there. Can double check me by searching on whatdotheyknow.com
Reply 59
Original post by crscrs

Had a look at their accepted degrees in the past offers list and I'm 95% sure paramedic science was on there. Can double check me by searching on whatdotheyknow.com

For some reason the spreadsheets which KCL posted on WhatDoTheyKnow for previous degrees have been hidden! Don’t suppose you have a working link do you please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending