The Student Room Group

King's College London A102 GEM 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beccaboo19
Hi, my daughter has an interview on the 28th Feb (yay!) I’m pretty sure it’s a panel interview but I can’t find anything on here?! Could anyone please advise? Thanks
Congrats! The details for mine were found in the invite on King's apply :smile:
Original post by graaaaadmed
Congrats! The details for mine were found in the invite on King's apply :smile:
Ahh ok thanks! 😊
Hi :smile:, I just checked King's apply and there was a message from this morning to fill out a form about preference for London/Portsmouth. Just thought I'd mention it here to maybe reduce some stress for others when seeing a notification!
Original post by anonymous0112
Hi :smile:, I just checked King's apply and there was a message from this morning to fill out a form about preference for London/Portsmouth. Just thought I'd mention it here to maybe reduce some stress for others when seeing a notification!
Hello, I received the message in February the deadline for the response was mid feb.

Not sure what it means! But great news.
Received the same form/message - it’s the second time I’ve been contacted about it but this time it seems they’re linking it specifically to your application
I didn’t receive it for the second time. Only the one early in February. Weirdly enough, my King’s portal always shows there’s an update on my A102 application. Anyone else have this? Gives me a scare every time I log in.
I just received an email asking me to state my preferred campus choice, did everyone get it again??
Reply 87
yeah I got it again, but I think it's different in an important way -- last time they said it wouldn't affect our applications, but this one will change what kind of offer people get, and if they get an offer from a campus they don't want
Original post by ameneh01
what are people's preferred choice of campus?
I'd be surprised if many/anyone puts Portsmouth as their preferred choice of campus, if anyone has put portsmouth as their preferred choice, could you possibly like this comment just out of curiosity?
Original post by Gabriellakl
Has anyone else also not received this email? :smile:
Have you been interviewed? The email does start with "following on from your interview" so it seems like they've only emailed people they have interviewed
Reply 90
Original post by MustafaMirab1
I'd be surprised if many/anyone puts Portsmouth as their preferred choice of campus, if anyone has put portsmouth as their preferred choice, could you possibly like this comment just out of curiosity?
I did tbh, i assume it would be cheaper to live over there, plus im not really a fan of how busy london really is.
Original post by JadeN92
Have you been interviewed? The email does start with "following on from your interview" so it seems like they've only emailed people they have interviewed

I was interviewed but my interview invitation came through the A100 course on the portal.
Original post by sunflower_97
I was interviewed but my interview invitation came through the A100 course on the portal.
I wonder if the Portmouth campus is only for GEM students, because isn't this collaboration to prepare Portsmouth to open their own GEM course rather than a standard 5-year course?
Original post by JadeN92
I wonder if the Portmouth campus is only for GEM students, because isn't this collaboration to prepare Portsmouth to open their own GEM course rather than a standard 5-year course?

The collaboration is only for GEM. I was told that my A100 interview would be used to also assess my application for A102.
Reply 94
Original post by MustafaMirab1
I put Portsmouth as my preferred choice purely for financial reasons. Even having worked all the way through undergrad there's no chance I could afford to live in London and I'd have to commute - still put that I'd be open to it because an offer is an offer, but the cost of living is so much cheaper and I feel like the extra medical school slog would be worth it.
Hey guys,
I’ve applied to both A100 AND A102.
I received my interview through my A102 application and did it mid feb, currently waiting to hear back from both A100 and A102.
I was wondering if anyone is in the same position and have heard back from A100?
Original post by Futuremedic21
Hey guys,
I’ve applied to both A100 AND A102.
I received my interview through my A102 application and did it mid feb, currently waiting to hear back from both A100 and A102.
I was wondering if anyone is in the same position and have heard back from A100?

Hi! Not exactly in the same position but similar. I also applied to both A100 and A102. I received my interview invitation through my A100 application and had my interview in mid-January. I have so far heard back from A100 with an offer. I have not received any email from A102 regarding preference of campus location aside from the one we all received at the start of February.
Original post by sunflower_97
Hi! Not exactly in the same position but similar. I also applied to both A100 and A102. I received my interview invitation through my A100 application and had my interview in mid-January. I have so far heard back from A100 with an offer. I have not received any email from A102 regarding preference of campus location aside from the one we all received at the start of February.
Oh I see. I haven’t gotten any indication about A100, but got that preference email a few days back. I just messaged them on kings apply to just ask about my A100 application Etc
Original post by Anonmed9879
Hello, I’ve not heard anything. Well aware it’s now March. Filled in the various surveys, got the still considering my application email. Applied to A102 and A100. Anyone else in the same position?
The survey closes on Sunday so we probably won't hear until at least next week
Reply 99
Got my pre-interview rejection for the A100 course yesterday. Still waiting to hear back post-interview for A102.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending