The Student Room Group

Should I apply for SFE for now without a bank account or wait?

Long story short I got a clearing offer and it’s not been fully accepted on the unis side yet but obviously it’s super super late for clearing and I haven’t applied to sfe yet as I never planned to go to uni this year.

However I need to put a sfe application in ASAP because I know it can take 6-8weeks and as an estranged student I don’t have anyone I can really receive money from. I know you are able to put bank details in later after the application but would this be wise for me considering how late I would be applying?

I also cant open a student bank yet without the uni accepting it on their side, any ideas on what to do?
Original post by pixiebugzie
Long story short I got a clearing offer and it’s not been fully accepted on the unis side yet but obviously it’s super super late for clearing and I haven’t applied to sfe yet as I never planned to go to uni this year.

However I need to put a sfe application in ASAP because I know it can take 6-8weeks and as an estranged student I don’t have anyone I can really receive money from. I know you are able to put bank details in later after the application but would this be wise for me considering how late I would be applying?

I also cant open a student bank yet without the uni accepting it on their side, any ideas on what to do?

Hi Pixie,

It would be up to you, we can only advise that we need bank details for you to receive payments. It would be best speaking with the financial department at the university for advice regarding opening a student account.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending