The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

durham new person questions

Hi i'm at durham, doing philosophy/theology- im really excited, it was my first choice at uni, and im going to my favourite college- trevelyan college!
i just have a few questions:
1. was there a reading list (i just want to check i've read everything i need to)
2. when do we get told our room numbers? (i've heard its when we arrive on saturday, but just wanted to check)
3. where can we find the timetable?
4. do we have to do a starter essay or anything- i just know some unis want to do that, and i don't know if i need to, i've not been emailed or anything

Thank you all!
Original post by philthatdurham
Hi i'm at durham, doing philosophy/theology- im really excited, it was my first choice at uni, and im going to my favourite college- trevelyan college!
i just have a few questions:
1. was there a reading list (i just want to check i've read everything i need to)
2. when do we get told our room numbers? (i've heard its when we arrive on saturday, but just wanted to check)
3. where can we find the timetable?
4. do we have to do a starter essay or anything- i just know some unis want to do that, and i don't know if i need to, i've not been emailed or anything

Thank you all!

Normally there is no reading before a course and when you get here they will give more information about required reading
You are correct that you will not find out your room number until Saturday
Timetables can be found online at https://mytimetable.durham.ac.uk/weekly/activities
It’s unlikely that you will have had to do any academic work before you come, but as I don’t do your course I can’t be fully certain
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest