The Student Room Group
Original post by turbo mogger
its so ******* over i am such a loser

Snooze you lose, if you haven't got the confidence then us girls ain't gonna wanna know
Reply 2
You haven't given much of an explanation. If they were unlikely to be into you anyway, not asking them out isn't a bad thing. If they were however it's a lesson in trying to build confidence.
What stopped you?

The worst they could have said was "no", in which case you're in the same scenario you are now.

The only difference is at least you KNOW she wasn't interested, rather than kicking yourself a potential missed opportunity.
Reply 4
Original post by Gina is here
Snooze you lose, if you haven't got the confidence then us girls ain't gonna wanna know

you mean if i dont have looks or height you dont want to know
Reply 5
Original post by Old Skool Freak
What stopped you?

The worst they could have said was "no", in which case you're in the same scenario you are now.

The only difference is at least you KNOW she wasn't interested, rather than kicking yourself a potential missed opportunity.

the worst that could have happened is they tell everyone and i get humiliated because im subhuman and autistic
Reply 6
the worst that could have happened is they tell everyone and i get humiliated because im subhuman and autistic

Bro, think of it like Descartes. You think therefore you are. So thinking about and believing in yourself will get you work more in yourself helping u then improve and get women

Given that you've never asked anyone out you seem quite confident about this viewpoint.
Reply 8

No matter what people may say, height often isn't the end all be all we make it out to be. I used to have a friend who was 162 cm or roughly 5'3 foot tall, but he was confident. He didn't let his height define him and he was always surrounded by girls until he converted to Buddhism. He was always extremely confident and never let rejection faze him.

Seriously, I doubt anyone is going to "brag" that so-and-so asked them out (unless you're 14 or something). The only time they might do that is if either:-

a) you keep hassling them, and won't take no for an answer
b) You insult or "neg" her because she blew you out.

Even if they did, they'd maybe gossip about it or take the "p" for a day or so, before moving on to something else.

Rejections happen to all of us at some point (well maybe not Justin Bieber) , it's something you're going to have to deal with. Even "A" listers like George Clooney got blown out by a waitress because she agreed to go home with someone else earlier.

Also, I'd strongly recommend you work on your self-esteem. Don't put yourself down... after all, if you don't like yourself, how the heck can you expect others to like you?

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, remember that.

I don't mean that at all stop putting words in my mouth like that
What stopped you?

I can think of a lot worse things than "no". I'd say its probably one of the better answers you could get outside of then saying yes.
Original post by Anonymous
I can think of a lot worse things than "no". I'd say its probably one of the better answers you could get outside of then saying yes.

I'm intrigued... Do tell.:hmmmm:

You generally only get the harsh rejections if you approach in a way that looks bad or you act creepy / purvey... OR if you won't take no for an answer. If you approach with a smile and a simple "Hey, how's it going?", you won't get much worse than a standard "My boyfriend's over there" type rejection. Or just ignored if you're approaching online / through dating apps.

Yes, there are some girls who are really rude to anyone apart from those they actually fancy, but they're the minority (I'd estimate about 1 in 10, at most). Even if you do meet her, she's done you a favour... she's shown you just what a "female-dog" she is straight away, instead of messing with your head 2-3 months down the line.

Be honest, have you actually ever asked a girl out yourself?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 13
I'm intrigued... Do tell.:hmmmm:

You generally only get the harsh rejections if you approach in a way that looks bad or you act creepy / purvey... OR if you won't take no for an answer. If you approach with a smile and a simple "Hey, how's it going?", you won't get much worse than a standard "My boyfriend's over there" type rejection. Or just ignored if you're approaching online / through dating apps.

Yes, there are some girls who are really rude to anyone apart from those they actually fancy, but they're the minority (I'd estimate about 1 in 10, at most). Even if you do meet her, she's done you a favour... she's shown you just what a "female-dog" she is straight away, instead of messing with your head 2-3 months down the line.

Be honest, have you actually ever asked a girl out yourself?

no i have not, but whats the point they all made fun of me in high school because im ugly and autistic
I know I'm late on this, but I'll say this. None of the things you've said matters. Not being ugly or being autistic. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I've seen people get into a relationship when viewed as ugly by others. I have a friend who's autistic and he's had more than one girl. I know it's a spectrum, but you can't let your insecurities stop you from getting what you want because you'll be alone. Even if you do get a girl, it won't be enough because you don't feel good enough for anyone. In society, there is an unhealthy outlook on relationships, that if you're not in one there's something wrong with you which isn't true. Have fun with your friends, if you're ready try spending time with a crush then ask them out. Life is about taking risks, believing in yourself and enjoying yourself so don't hold yourself down internally. Miracles happen, but in your case it's not a miracle you get a partner. It's just your time.

Latest

Trending

Trending