The Student Room Group

Apply to dentistry through resits or Biomed degree first

I am currently on a gap year and i am tied between 2 decisions. After doing my A levels, I got a BBC in bio, chem and maths. This means that I will have to resit all 3 of my a levels this year, as well as doing the UCAT. I thought the only new challenges I would have to face were resitting the 3 a levels, which I was more than willing to work for, however, it turns out I can only really apply to Leeds, Sheffield and Bristol, all of which require an incredibly high UCAT score, which I have my doubts about obtaining. In addition, I have 25 days to submit my application before the deadline, my old school are not willing to give me a reference or predicted grades, meaning that I have to apply to external colleges or find a private tutor online who would do this for me, and it is really stressing me out and I don't know if its even likely for me to get into dental school this way.

Alternatively, I can do a biomed course through clearing, which after completing, I can apply to postgrad dentistry given that I get at least a 2:1.

Is this a better path for me to take? Please help

Quick Reply

Latest