The Student Room Group

UCAT 2310 and ABB😭 how do i get to med??

i am so lost on what to do!! currently on a gap yr and wanna reapply for 2024 entry

achieved ABB at a level
999888886 GCSE
2310 UCAT (SJ band 1)
loads of work exp, volunteering etc

top choices atm are leiceter and UEA med w foundation yrs but i’m not even sure i should bother bc of my UCAT

i love med and can’t imagine doing anything else. going abroad is out the picture

would really really appreciate someone’s adv and opinion
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by lrafi11
i am so lost on what to do!! currently on a gap yr and wanna reapply for 2024 entry

achieved ABB at a level
999888886 GCSE
2310 UCAT (SJ band 1)

top choices atm are leiceter and UEA med w foundation yrs but i’m not even sure i should bother bc of my UCAT

i love med and can’t imagine doing anything else. going abroad is out the picture

Your gcses are very strong so apply to gcse heavy unis I recommend: exeter 75% academics 25% ucat, keele aswell I think manchester too.
Original post by growpxx
Your gcses are very strong so apply to gcse heavy unis I recommend: exeter 75% academics 25% ucat, keele aswell I think manchester too.

exeter do not score gcses, they score predicted/acheived a levels. keele don't either, they score on ps, ucat, sjt and contextual. manchester don't score gcses either.
Original post by lrafi11

achieved ABB at a level
999888886 GCSE
2310 UCAT (SJ band 1)

are you eligible for any more foundation year courses?
Reply 4
Original post by reubenn05
are you eligible for any more foundation year courses?

hey thanks for replying
i only meet widening participation at leicester and UEA. would’ve met leeds but got an A in bio so i’d have to apply via A100 route with access to leeds- ive heard that’s not a good idea plus my UCAT is not it
Original post by lrafi11
hey thanks for replying
i only meet widening participation at leicester and UEA. would’ve met leeds but got an A in bio so i’d have to apply via A100 route with access to leeds- ive heard that’s not a good idea plus my UCAT is not it

put leicester and uea down then - unfortunately i don't think you'll have any more good options considering your a level grades and ucat. have you considered resitting?
Reply 6
Original post by reubenn05
put leicester and uea down then - unfortunately i don't think you'll have any more good options considering your a level grades and ucat. have you considered resitting?

i would but i’m not sure i could go through doing a level chem again, plus med schools aren’t keen on resits/req A*s if so

waiting to hear back from a remark for psych atm, hoping it gets pushed to an A. ik kent and medway takes AAB so i suppose that’s one more option ? (although not for this yr bc i think they have a UCAT cut off)

contemplating doing another gap year for a better UCAT ahhhh idek atp. just have to see what the future holds !
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending