The Student Room Group

Advice for possibly Changing Sixth forms at the end of year 12 (to redo year 12)

Hi,

I’ve chosen maths, further maths and physics for A levels. I regret not taking computer science as a fourth and have applied to do so at my college however the class is currently full. The main reason I want to take it as-well is Incase I decide to drop further maths (which would leave me with only 2 A levels, and to get a feel for it since I want to take it at university.

I know its a long ways off right now, but if I did get into the situation where I feel the need to drop further maths I think I’d consider moving to a different sixth form and resitting year 12 with maths, computer science and physics. Another factor for this is the teaching of quality isn’t great.

I have the GCSE grades to get into sixth forms (9,9,9,9,8,8,8,8,7) with 9s in computing and physics and an 8 in maths but main concern is when you have to apply for sixth forms by. When I search it up it says you should usually apply 18 months before, but obviously I’m not at that stage yet.

Does anyone have any experiences they could provide on this? It would be a great help
(edited 7 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest