The Student Room Group

Changing 6th Form Schools

I was asking for some advice concerning changing 6th form inbetween year 12 and 13 (maybe even earlier). The situation is that my family has moved out of london to a small town. Im currently sleeping on my aunts sofa and still going to my old sixth form. But im really contemplating moving to the local sixth form in the small town (my brother is about to start in the secondary school there. And although its an average/below average school, its good enough) The thing is is that im really enjoying my current 6th form: have good friends, enjoying my subjects, predicted an AAB. but im really missing my mum, brother and dog. Everyone in my family is wondering why my mum didnt just force me to move and tbd i dont know why too. Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by josiahriver28
I was asking for some advice concerning changing 6th form inbetween year 12 and 13 (maybe even earlier). The situation is that my family has moved out of london to a small town. Im currently sleeping on my aunts sofa and still going to my old sixth form. But im really contemplating moving to the local sixth form in the small town (my brother is about to start in the secondary school there. And although its an average/below average school, its good enough) The thing is is that im really enjoying my current 6th form: have good friends, enjoying my subjects, predicted an AAB. but im really missing my mum, brother and dog. Everyone in my family is wondering why my mum didnt just force me to move and tbd i dont know why too. Any advice?

To be completely honest with you I wouldn't move as the specifications for the subjects you take may be different within the sixth form closer to home. Also it will only be for a couple more months barely a year so I would strive to be resilient a little bit more.
Reply 2
Original post by fire2204
To be completely honest with you I wouldn't move as the specifications for the subjects you take may be different within the sixth form closer to home. Also it will only be for a couple more months barely a year so I would strive to be resilient a little bit more.

im in year 12 and im thinking that sleeping on a sofa for the next 2 school yearm wont be beneficial and smart for my learning. I found out that the exam boards are the exact same but possibly different topics etc, were looking into it. Although i might end up being behind at the new school, i honestly think it may be better than not having a room/desk while studing for my a levels at my current school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending