The Student Room Group

low UCAT score for medicine

i did my ucat today and ended up getting a score of 2230 which is pretty low and i got band 3 for SJT which i’m pretty disappointed in as i was getting band 2 in my mocks on medify.

i’m not sure what to do as i was going to apply for bristol along with exeter , southampton and possibly kings or imperial however those are out the question due to the score.

i’m definitely applying for exeter as i have a guaranteed interview there but idk what to put for my fourth uni as my choices are now exeter, imperial and brighton as it seems i’m going to have to sit the BMAT in november. my predicted grades are AAA but my gcses are pretty average where they are mainly 5’s and 6’s and one 7.

can anyone suggest any advice or any unis that don’t consider ucat as much - i’ve heard of cardiff not considering it much but they’re entry point system for getting an interview doesn’t look too promising for me as i only have 12 points in total ( including gcses and predicted a levels ). the last thing i want to do is have to do a gap year or retake the ucat.

soz 4 the long paragraph but if anyone could help that would be much appreciated and thank u in advance <33
Why would a gap year be such a bad thing. It will give you time to redo the UKAT and get a score youre proud of and you can also use the time to get work experience. Inaddition, obtaining your a levels will supersede your gcse's.
Reply 2
Original post by Dominininc
Why would a gap year be such a bad thing. It will give you time to redo the UKAT and get a score youre proud of and you can also use the time to get work experience. Inaddition, obtaining your a levels will supersede your gcse's.

because i’ve already had to stay an extra year in sixth form, basically i did a diploma in year 12 and only did half of it because the college i was at didn’t allow me to do the a levels there despite them saying the complete opposite at the beginning of the year, therefore i moved elsewhere and began a levels and the thought of waiting another year to do the ucat and apply again just doesn’t seem appealing in the slightest as i’ve already had to wait a year more than intended if that makes sense
Reply 3
I know that cardiff, queens university belfast and university of keele do not weight their admissions on ucat. Hopefully this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by pmcgx
i did my ucat today and ended up getting a score of 2230 which is pretty low and i got band 3 for SJT which i’m pretty disappointed in as i was getting band 2 in my mocks on medify.

i’m not sure what to do as i was going to apply for bristol along with exeter , southampton and possibly kings or imperial however those are out the question due to the score.

i’m definitely applying for exeter as i have a guaranteed interview there but idk what to put for my fourth uni as my choices are now exeter, imperial and brighton as it seems i’m going to have to sit the BMAT in november. my predicted grades are AAA but my gcses are pretty average where they are mainly 5’s and 6’s and one 7.

can anyone suggest any advice or any unis that don’t consider ucat as much - i’ve heard of cardiff not considering it much but they’re entry point system for getting an interview doesn’t look too promising for me as i only have 12 points in total ( including gcses and predicted a levels ). the last thing i want to do is have to do a gap year or retake the ucat.

soz 4 the long paragraph but if anyone could help that would be much appreciated and thank u in advance <33

Hi!
What unis did you end up getting offers from? I'm currently in a similar situation so any advice would be massively helpful rn
Reply 5
Original post by xvg._107

Hi!
What unis did you end up getting offers from? I'm currently in a similar situation so any advice would be massively helpful rn

same , just did the ucat got 2370 band 3 and dont know what to do , i am going to do the bmat tho hopefully that goes to plan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending