The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

university course requirements

can i get into kings college london specifically the law programme whilst being predicted ABB at alevels im in year 12?
What’s their A-Level requirement for the course?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
What’s their A-Level requirement for the course?

A*AA I know that it’s aspirational considering my predicted grades
Original post by Jayden12
A*AA I know that it’s aspirational considering my predicted grades

3 grades under for a competitive subject is too much of a stretch IMO. Are you eligible for a contextual offer? (There should be a checker on their website.)

If you are still keen on them I would recommend applying to 3-4 other unis initially, waiting to see what replies you get back, and then if you get offers you are happy with you can add KCL later (but before the Jan deadline). That way there is much less risk if you have offers in your pocket.

If you don't get offers then you know your remaining choice(s) need to be safe ones.
Reply 4
You will 100% be rejected with ABB. It’s a competitive course at a top uni.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
3 grades under for a competitive subject is too much of a stretch IMO. Are you eligible for a contextual offer? (There should be a checker on their website.)

If you are still keen on them I would recommend applying to 3-4 other unis initially, waiting to see what replies you get back, and then if you get offers you are happy with you can add KCL later (but before the Jan deadline). That way there is much less risk if you have offers in your pocket.

If you don't get offers then you know your remaining choice(s) need to be safe ones.

Yes so im eligible for a reduced grade offer by one and a contextual offer, both separate but are stackable so I should be able to get around AAB I think with both the reduced grade offer and contextual offer
Original post by Jayden12
Yes so im eligible for a reduced grade offer by one and a contextual offer, both separate but are stackable so I should be able to get around AAB I think with both the reduced grade offer and contextual offer

So less of a risk than the standard offer, but I would still recommend the strategy in my reply above and seeing if you can afford to be risky with your last choice.

Quick Reply

Latest