The Student Room Group

Am i a bad gf?

Hi,
Basically my grandma has bone cancer and is very very ill. I’ve been dating my bf for almost 4 months and he doesn’t know anything about that as we’ve never really had real convos about my grandparents so I never thought to bring it up and because hes at uni now I feel like it’s selfish to bring it up now.
I’m seeing her today, he’s moving into his accommodation today and I just feel really emotional from everything and I feel really stupid for not saying.
He’s never met them either so I never thought to bring it up but it is a serious thing.
Am I a bad gf for not communicating?
Reply 1
No, you're fine.
Reply 2
Original post by jay2013
No, you're fine.

Really? Should I not mention it unless he asks me about my grandparents?
I just feel like my communication isn’t the best.
Reply 3
* Forgot to note: I’ve known for about 6-8 months
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Basically my grandma has bone cancer and is very very ill. I’ve been dating my bf for almost 4 months and he doesn’t know anything about that as we’ve never really had real convos about my grandparents so I never thought to bring it up and because hes at uni now I feel like it’s selfish to bring it up now.
I’m seeing her today, he’s moving into his accommodation today and I just feel really emotional from everything and I feel really stupid for not saying.
He’s never met them either so I never thought to bring it up but it is a serious thing.

You don't sound bad at all for that, it is something very personal to you and he'll understand. You can mention it to him and talk to him about it along with how you feel - it's totally okay to do that.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Unless you aren’t in your comfort zone to share what’s the need for you to bring it up may your grandma receive the best level of treatment possible and sending my best wishes and hoping that she has a fast recovery.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending