The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff uni taking a while to respond - normal?

I’ve already posted this on another thread but thought it might be useful posting here and asking actual Cardiff students or applicants too.

3 months ago I applied to the Ancient and Medieval History course at Cardiff Uni. Most people i know have heard back from them, but I haven’t yet. Is this a bad sign? I’ve got an email saying they received my application, and they sent me applicant portal details. Cardiff have gotten back to most other people i know, I have the grades and a pretty good PS and it’s a pretty niche course. Just wondering whether it’s normal for them to take their time getting back as Cardiff website says most hear back within 4weeks.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by grapefruit.juice
I’ve already posted this on another thread but thought it might be useful posting here and asking actual Cardiff students or applicants too.

3 months ago I applied to the Ancient and Medieval History course at Cardiff Uni. Most people i know have heard back from them, but I haven’t yet. Is this a bad sign? I’ve got an email saying they received my application, and they sent me applicant portal details. Cardiff have gotten back to most other people i know, I have the grades and a pretty good PS and it’s a pretty niche course. Just wondering whether it’s normal for them to take their time getting back as Cardiff website says most hear back within 4weeks.

Ah that must be quite annoying! I applied about a week before January deadline and they replied to me last week - I wouldn't stress about it as it likely is just to do with how they are sorting through applications and they still have a few months to respond but if you're worried about it you could try send them an email asking about it? Or if you're still at school you could go to your Head of year about it?
Apologies as this doesn't seem very helpful haha but I hope that you hear back soon!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by bunny82
Ah that must be quite annoying! I applied about a week before January deadline and they replied to me last week - I wouldn't stress about it as it likely is just to do with how they are sorting through applications and they still have a few months to respond but if you're worried about it you could try send them an email asking about it? Or if you're still at school you could go to your Head of year about it?
Apologies as this doesn't seem very helpful haha but I hope that you hear back soon!

Thank you for your advice :smile: Yes i think you’re right. I’ll wait it out a little more and email if they don’t get back to me.
Original post by grapefruit.juice

Hi! I currently study at Cardiff (1st year) and from my experience Cardiff takes a while to get back, particularly if it is a niche or competitive course. I study Physiotherapy and I got an offer late March! Hope you got a response by now but please don't worry, its completely normal!
Most top Unis make offers very gradually - and many will keep making offers through April/May right up to their deadline.
This is normal so no need to worry just yet.
Reply 5
Original post by lucyp158
Hi! I currently study at Cardiff (1st year) and from my experience Cardiff takes a while to get back, particularly if it is a niche or competitive course. I study Physiotherapy and I got an offer late March! Hope you got a response by now but please don't worry, its completely normal!
Hey, I have applied to Cardiff for Physiotherapy. Did you have an interview and what were the questions you got Asked if you don’t mind me asking. They are really taking there time with the application I haven’t heard back yet, really stressed. How do you find the course. What a levels did you do?Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending