The Student Room Group

Degree Apprentice switching to full time

I have just started a civil engineering degree apprenticeship. However I am not enjoying the work side and I massively feel that I am missing out on the social side or university. Also, I am essentially working as a technician and from speaking to other engineers I will be doing the same for the next 4 years at least. I am now thinking about going to university full time, starting in September 2024. I will achieve level 4 by this time in my current degree apprenticeship, so does anyone know if I’ll be able to transfer to a different uni as a full time student?
Reply 1
Hi James, I'm not particularly sure either however try checking on the apprenticeship hub on gov site.
It is possible, usually easier if its with the same university but it all depends on the university, If you want my advice, keep with the apprenticeship, if your deciding to move purely on the basis of the "social" element university your in it for the wrong reason, the whole university social side is overrated after the first year.

You are in a really good position degree apprenticeship, getting experience and money, and an extremely high probability they will keep you on afterwards in a graduate level role. I would have a serious think about it.

Quick Reply

Latest