The Student Room Group

Want to quit apprenticeship but keep employment

I started my apprenticeship 2 weeks ago but I realised it's not what I thought it would be. I find that the job itself is ok and I want to stay with the company but I want to leave the apprenticeship because I find it overwhelming and the content is boring. What do I do?
Original post by strsst
I started my apprenticeship 2 weeks ago but I realised it's not what I thought it would be. I find that the job itself is ok and I want to stay with the company but I want to leave the apprenticeship because I find it overwhelming and the content is boring. What do I do?

You will most likely be on an apprentice contact, so if you drop the apprenticeship your employment will also get terminated with it.
Reply 2
Original post by strsst

you could suggest to your employer to switch training providers after a certain point i.e., after a module ends or your 1st year if it's a degree level - it's quite common, because employers tend to listen to their apprentices' opinions about training providers. you can't just become a full time employee as you're contracted with your company as an apprentice so if you find the work overwhelming and boring, it may be that an apprenticeship is not for you, as they come with quite a heavy workload. good luck with whatever you choose!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending