The Student Room Group

GCSE Art

Hi there, art teacher advice, perhaps from another teacher?

my Art teacher is regularly telling me to change my artwork, telling me it’s awful. Last week, she ripped out a piece of my work, rubbed out my pencil drawing and, then told me to cover another fashion piece with newspaper, trace new designs on acetate and paint over them. She actually drew one and made me put it in my book. If I didn’t, I would get a behaviour point. This is so confusing. She gets so angry and shouts at me! Now I just want to re-do my whole sketchbook as it’s not my ideas anymore, but hers. I feel demoralised and feel like giving up. Is this allowed. If my parents complain, this will make it worse.
Reply 1
i'm not a teacher but i'm sure what she's doing is not allowed, i'd definitely suggest reporting her, she shouldn't be a teacher with such behaviour, dont let her treat u like that!
Original post by Ched1981
Hi there, art teacher advice, perhaps from another teacher?

my Art teacher is regularly telling me to change my artwork, telling me it’s awful. Last week, she ripped out a piece of my work, rubbed out my pencil drawing and, then told me to cover another fashion piece with newspaper, trace new designs on acetate and paint over them. She actually drew one and made me put it in my book. If I didn’t, I would get a behaviour point. This is so confusing. She gets so angry and shouts at me! Now I just want to re-do my whole sketchbook as it’s not my ideas anymore, but hers. I feel demoralised and feel like giving up. Is this allowed. If my parents complain, this will make it worse.

tbh just tell her to shut up or ignore her. I had an art teacher like that and i just did the opposite of everything she told me to do, yet i still got a 9

Quick Reply

Latest