The Student Room Group

EU Migrant Worker Student Finance Application Denied

Hi there,

I applied to SFE for EU Migrant Workers, asking for Tuition Fees + Maintenance Loans.

Sadly, as my job contract is temporary, the request has been denied and cancelled from the system of my SFE account.

At the end of this contract (mid-August), I may have the opportunity to switch my contract to a permanent one. Can I apply again with the new contract? Or do I need to apply only for a tuition fee loan now?

Any help is appreciated.
Original post by marasib
Hi there,

I applied to SFE for EU Migrant Workers, asking for Tuition Fees + Maintenance Loans.

Sadly, as my job contract is temporary, the request has been denied and cancelled from the system of my SFE account.

At the end of this contract (mid-August), I may have the opportunity to switch my contract to a permanent one. Can I apply again with the new contract? Or do I need to apply only for a tuition fee loan now?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi there,

Yes, you can apply again on the PN1 and send it with your new contract and any payslips. The team will review this and confirm if it's been accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Yes, you can apply again on the PN1 and send it with your new contract and any payslips. The team will review this and confirm if it's been accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,
Thank you so much for your help.

As of right now, my job will give me a three-month probation contract; I don't think I can still apply for Maintenance Loan. Is there an opportunity to apply for tuition fees and add the maintenance loan request later? If so, what form should I fill? I am an undergraduate student with pre-settle status from the EU. Any help will be appreciated!!
Original post by marasib
Hi Claire,
Thank you so much for your help.

As of right now, my job will give me a three-month probation contract; I don't think I can still apply for Maintenance Loan. Is there an opportunity to apply for tuition fees and add the maintenance loan request later? If so, what form should I fill? I am an undergraduate student with pre-settle status from the EU. Any help will be appreciated!!

Hi Mara,

Yes, you can but you need to need to be working in the UK for the relevant terms to qualify for the Maintenance Loan with your pre settled status.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Mara,

Yes, you can but you need to need to be working in the UK for the relevant terms to qualify for the Maintenance Loan with your pre settled status.

Thanks, Clare

My contract should be till the end of the year as it will be a probation period, then if I am good at my job, they will extend it. If I understand correctly, I now have to apply only for tuition fees and then add a maintenance loan request to my account once I have the proper contract, right? If so, should I still apply with the PN1 or EU23N form, as I am under pre-settle status? Sorry for all these questions; I am grateful for the help you're providing.
Original post by marasib
My contract should be till the end of the year as it will be a probation period, then if I am good at my job, they will extend it. If I understand correctly, I now have to apply only for tuition fees and then add a maintenance loan request to my account once I have the proper contract, right? If so, should I still apply with the PN1 or EU23N form, as I am under pre-settle status? Sorry for all these questions; I am grateful for the help you're providing.

Hi Mara,

You need to complete the PN1 form if you are applying for the Maintenance Loan.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1177416/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks, Clare
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Mara,

You need to complete the PN1 form if you are applying for the Maintenance Loan.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1177416/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks, Clare

Hi,

Yes, I already know. They refused my application because my contract was temporary, so applying again without a permanent job it would be a waste of time, and SFE website isn't helpful.

Thank you anyway.
Original post by marasib
Hi,

Yes, I already know. They refused my application because my contract was temporary, so applying again without a permanent job it would be a waste of time, and SFE website isn't helpful.

Thank you anyway.

Hi Mara,

It may be best to start a live chat on your account or call us, so that an adviser can check why this was not accepted.

0300 100 0607

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending