The Student Room Group

Student finance

My both sons applied in same university same year and studying same subject. Why the younger is receiving more student finance than his brother?

Thank you
Original post by High Definition
My both sons applied in same university same year and studying same subject. Why the younger is receiving more student finance than his brother?

Thank you

Speak with the uni to confirm why this is the case. They may say to check student finance however

Thank you

Hi there,

It can be a number of things (living location, year of course, length of course year) these can all attribute to the amount a student is giving. If he wants to contact us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in his account we'll confirm this. Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

It can be a number of things (living location, year of course, length of course year) these can all attribute to the amount a student is giving. If he wants to contact us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in his account we'll confirm this. Thanks, Jason

Thanks for replying, the phone umber is automated machine asking me ro go online or check YouTube. I couldn't talk to a person. My both sons are living with me a disabled single parent and both started studying same subject in same uni this year. Maintenance loan for one of my son is £4702 less than the other.
Thanks for replying, the phone umber is automated machine asking me ro go online or check YouTube. I couldn't talk to a person. My both sons are living with me a disabled single parent and both started studying same subject in same uni this year. Maintenance loan for one of my son is £4702 less than the other.

Hi there, one of your sons may not have requested the higher amount but I would advise getting him to contact us via his account. To access our live chat service select undergraduate and then ‘contact us’. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. Alternatively, you can contact us on 0300 100 0607 for further assistance. Our opening hours are stated on our ‘contact us’ page. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending