The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Official Oxford 2024 Postgraduate Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

What are the most common colleges to be pooled to?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Anyone heard anything from Balliol?
Original post by Anonymous #149
What are the most common colleges to be pooled to?

Completely depends on your course.
Original post by ShanghaiDoll
Should I hold off on sending the financial declaration form if I'm still waiting to hear back about scholarships? What are the chances of getting a scholarship for a taught master's maths degree for average household income UK student anyway?

I just got my offer letter from Keble.
Did you get your allocation too?
OMMS student right?
Original post by hajgoodall

Got a no from Balliol earlier this week, MPhil Politics
Original post by hajgoodall

Still waiting to hear!
Original post by raiham
Hi, congrats to everyone who has received offers! I'm still waiting to hear back from my DPhil for Comp Sci application on March 1st. Is anyone else in the same boat? I emailed admissions for any updates and if I should've gotten an interview offer already. I'm guessing if I'm not being interviewed I will be rejected...is that a correct assumption?

For anyone wondering about DPhil updates I got a reply and it assuaged some of my concerns...the supervisor I asked for was on break when I applied:
The 8-9 weeks mentioned on the application pages is just a rough estimate, and at times the application process can take significantly longer, especially as some staff are currently on leave out of term time.
If further documentation is required, it will be requested from you and you will be notified if you are invited to interview.

So please do not be concerned that you haven’t heard anything, and try to be patient.
Original post by Anonymous #398
For anyone wondering about DPhil updates I got a reply and it assuaged some of my concerns...the supervisor I asked for was on break when I applied:
The 8-9 weeks mentioned on the application pages is just a rough estimate, and at times the application process can take significantly longer, especially as some staff are currently on leave out of term time.
If further documentation is required, it will be requested from you and you will be notified if you are invited to interview.

So please do not be concerned that you haven’t heard anything, and try to be patient.
Thanks for posting this. I am at the 10 week mark now since application deadline and have not had any change on the portal so this is helpful. Though I am applying for a Masters in Math I hope the update will come soon.
Hi guys, I received my departmental offer on 15 march and just got a college offer from Keble last night.I am an international student so I dont know much about the colleges, can anyone provide insights about Keble in general?Thanks!

Also, are all the seats at Lincoln filled up?
And does anyone have any info regarding the scholarships(specifically for math students from overseas)?😭
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by MsVaid
Hi guys, I received my departmental offer on 15 march and just got a college offer from Keble today.I am an international student so I dont know much about the colleges, can anyone provide insights about Keble in general?Thanks!
And does anyone have any info regarding the scholarships(specifically for math students from overseas)?😭
Oo does this mean some colleges are releasing offers despite the public holiday?
Original post by Anonymous #190
Oo does this mean some colleges are releasing offers despite the public holiday?

No no, my bad.
I received it last night..
Original post by MsVaid
Hi guys, I received my departmental offer on 15 march and just got a college offer from Keble last night.I am an international student so I dont know much about the colleges, can anyone provide insights about Keble in general?Thanks!

i was at keble last year as an international student as well. it was my first choice. would highly recommend it. the college staff is very helpful, social life is extremely vibrant, and the community is very close knit- especially since the setting up of the HBAC. i hope you have a lovely experience!
Original post by Anonymous #397
does anyone know how long admissions will be off foreaster? Is it just Friday and Monday?

It says 28 March to 1 April (inclusive) on the website
got my offer on March 14th, MPhil in Traditional East Asia, still no words about college placement
Original post by MsVaid

Hiya! Congrats on Keble, it's a very popular college for postgrads with excellent accommodation and just overall good vibes from what I hear. And very impressive dining hall (the longest/largest of all the colleges I think?), if that's of any interest to you.Regarding scholarships for math - I am an international Mathematics DPhil admit and received a departmental scholarship a week after my offer. The deadline for accepting was two weeks after for me. Regarding those scholarships, you can definitely email the department to ask if you are being considered for any. I believe there's several non-departmental scholarships available as well, but don't know if the department can give you any info about your chances regarding those.
Hello, anyone doing the MSt in History of Art and Visual Culture? I got an offer from Regent's Park College, Oxford, wondering if anyone knows anything the college and the course! I also have offers from The Courtauld, UCL and NYU Institute of Fine Arts, and am currently on the fence for Oxford and The Courtauld. Any advice?
Hey guys! Quick question here.

My wife and I will need to find our own accommodation in Oxford for the next three years. My DPhill starts in Oct, any recommendation on how earlier should I arrive to Oxford to start looking for flats? Anyone I could speak to? Or any advice in general?

Thanks much 🙏
Original post by Anonymous #399
Hello, anyone doing the MSt in History of Art and Visual Culture? I got an offer from Regent's Park College, Oxford, wondering if anyone knows anything the college and the course! I also have offers from The Courtauld, UCL and NYU Institute of Fine Arts, and am currently on the fence for Oxford and The Courtauld. Any advice?

At Postgrad colleges have comparatively little impact on the experience (relative to undergrad). Regents is great but faculty comparison is how you should make your decision
Original post by MsVaid
I just got my offer letter from Keble.
Did you get your allocation too?
OMMS student right?

Yes, I'm an OMMS student, and I got accepted by Keble.
Anyone been pooled, if so where to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending