The Student Room Group

How competitive is pharmacy and how do I make sure that I have a chance?

I’m currently in year 13 and haven’t finished my personal statement and picked what universities I want to go to.
Does anyone know how competitive it is and how much of a chance I have at getting accepted, and how I can increase my chances?
Reply 1
Its not mega-competitive - and for most Unis that means that if you meet their entry requirements you will get an Interview.

'Which Uni' is meaningless for Pharmacy - all MPharm degrees are accredited as equal, all qualify you as a Pharmacist and the NHS will not care where you trained.

Merely because of the supposed 'glamour' of being in London, those Unis get more applications.
And Russell Group Unis have the snob-factor so they get more as well.
See note above - remember, it doesnt matter where you train, so it makes sense to avoid most of the 'fashionable' Unis.

Make sure you have some choices that are not in London/South East, that they are not all RG and that you have an obvious Insurance choice wanting much lower grades.

See the Sticky thread about PS / Interview resources at the top of this Forum for useful links etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending