The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLan Vet Med application - when to hear back?

Hi! I sent in an application for Veterinary Medicine and Surgery at UCLan for 2024 start and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of when I can hear back on whether I got an interview or not? I think applications close in October so will I have to wait until then or will I hear back before it closes? Having an idea of a timeframe would really help me as I won't be nervous checking my emails all the time haha! Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by itsablandlife
Hi! I sent in an application for Veterinary Medicine and Surgery at UCLan for 2024 start and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of when I can hear back on whether I got an interview or not? I think applications close in October so will I have to wait until then or will I hear back before it closes? Having an idea of a timeframe would really help me as I won't be nervous checking my emails all the time haha! Thanks!

Last year UCLan was really late and interviews if I remember correctly were after Christmas. You’ll have to bear in mind that the 2023/24 cohort is their first, so last year’s application cycle was almost a trial run. Things might not be the same this year, but I very much doubt you’ll hear anything before the October cut off date.
(edited 7 months ago)
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Hi there @itsablandlife,

Great to hear that you have applied for our BVMS Veterinary Medicine & Surgery course. :smile:

I can help you if you are looking for an update on your application. Please could you send us a direct message through one of our social media channels which you can find here and I will have a look into this for you. In your message please could you include your full name, application number, course name, date of birth and some more information on when you submitted your application.

Best wishes,
Sarah
Reply 3
I applied last year and they sent out interviews in January for you to book on to- I think they ran up until April but I'm not sure, I was interviewed during Feb half term and got an offer in March!! They were aiming to let you know the outcome fo your interview within 2 weeks of it but I remember seeing on the vet thread that quite a few?? people were told that the uni was waiting to see the strength of the rest of the cohort before deciding to make them an offer.
I also applied for the foundation vet course which I heard nothing back from until they gave me an offer during easter hols. If I remember correctly they originally intended to send out invitations and start interviewing earlier but that didn't happen, they also made some changes to the course so that would've affected things.
Reply 4
Hey! I've also applied to UCLan for Veterinary in 2024 and I have heard anything back yet... I was slightly concerned but if you're in the same boat hopefully it just means that we'll hear later on :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by sb31
Hey! I've also applied to UCLan for Veterinary in 2024 and I have heard anything back yet... I was slightly concerned but if you're in the same boat hopefully it just means that we'll hear later on :smile:

UCLan were the longest out of all the schools last year. They are still getting into the swing of things as this is only their second application round so don’t worry. You will hear back……. eventually!
Original post by sb31

Hi there @sb31,

Lovely to hear that you have applied for our Veterinary Medicine course. Please be assured that our admissions team are working hard to process applications and will be in touch as soon as possible with an update. If you have any questions, do let me know. 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
Reply 7

Last year 1st interview invites for UCLan were sent on 5th Dec. Interviews started in February
Reply 8
Original post by sb31

My daughter had her interview invite in 5th Dec last year so not too long a wait now for you hopefully

Hi, I am a current 1st year vet student at UCLan. I got an interview for late January and got an offer within two weeks. This is just speculation, I imagine they may be quicker with responses than the first cohort. Fingers crossed!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by clozapine
I applied last year and they sent out interviews in January for you to book on to- I think they ran up until April but I'm not sure, I was interviewed during Feb half term and got an offer in March!! They were aiming to let you know the outcome fo your interview within 2 weeks of it but I remember seeing on the vet thread that quite a few?? people were told that the uni was waiting to see the strength of the rest of the cohort before deciding to make them an offer.I also applied for the foundation vet course which I heard nothing back from until they gave me an offer during easter hols. If I remember correctly they originally intended to send out invitations and start interviewing earlier but that didn't happen, they also made some changes to the course so that would've affected things.
Helllo , I have my UCLAN vet med interview coming up , how was it ? is there any advice you can give ? Thanks
Hello,

I am a final year medical student at UCLan and I would like to give you some general interview tips based on my experience.

Learn about the facilities that the university has to offer as this will allow show the interviewers that you have made an informed decision to study here.

Learn about ethics, as often questions come up that look at the the four pillars; Beneficence, nonmaleficence, autonomy, and justice

Speak about your work experience as it shows you have transferable skills

Dress smartly and have a smile ! Confidence goes a long way 😀

Best of luck and let me know if you have any other questions,
Haya MBBS V
Reply 12
Good advice above apart from the four pillars are med rather than vet med- know your 5 freedoms for vet med
Original post by user129008
Helllo , I have my UCLAN vet med interview coming up , how was it ? is there any advice you can give ? Thanks

Hi @user129008, 😊

It's great to see that you have been invited for an interview for our Veterinary Medicine and Surgery course!
I thought I'd share some general interview tips that you might find useful.

Do your research
It's important to know your stuff, so before your interview do have a thorough research of the course details and on the university itself. Have a reread of your personal statement and think about why you have chosen to apply for this course as the interviewers will be keen to hear your reasoning. Have a research of frequently asked interview questions then prepare and memories your answers, you may benefit from doing a mock interview with a friend or family member as this will help build confidence in your responses.

Dress smartly and comfortably
Dress smart for your interview but also do make sure you are comfortable. Don't worry, you aren't expected to wear a full suit but dressing professionally will help make a good first impression.

Arrive nice and early
It's always good to arrive to your interview a little early to avoid any stress of turning up late due to things like traffic. If you are attending an interview in person, check where you need to go and make a plan of how you are going to get there. If your interview is online, ensure in advance that your computer and camera are set up and that you have a strong Wi-Fi connection.

During your interview
Whether your interview is in person or online, keep an eye on your body language, make sure to sit up straight and have good eye contact with your interviewers as this will show that you are confident and engaged. Throughout the interview, it's important that you show your enthusiasm for the course and are listening to the interviewers questions carefully. Take your time with answering the questions and don't be afraid to ask the interviewer to repeat any questions you don't understand.

Ask questions
It's useful to take a notebook and pen to your interview in case there is any important points you need to note down. Having some questions ready is useful as you can learn more about UCLan and this course to see if it's the right fit for you, it also shows the interviewer that you are prepared and enthusiastic.

Relax and enjoy!
Most importantly, enjoy it! I know this is easier said than done but you will interview better if you are more relaxed. Remember this is your time to show why you want to study here at UCLan. Whatever the outcome, it's important to remember that being invited to interviews is a big achievement in itself and you should be proud of yourself.

All the best, 😊
Sarah
Reply 14
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @user129008, 😊

It's great to see that you have been invited for an interview for our Veterinary Medicine and Surgery course!
I thought I'd share some general interview tips that you might find useful.

Do your research
It's important to know your stuff, so before your interview do have a thorough research of the course details and on the university itself. Have a reread of your personal statement and think about why you have chosen to apply for this course as the interviewers will be keen to hear your reasoning. Have a research of frequently asked interview questions then prepare and memories your answers, you may benefit from doing a mock interview with a friend or family member as this will help build confidence in your responses.

Dress smartly and comfortably
Dress smart for your interview but also do make sure you are comfortable. Don't worry, you aren't expected to wear a full suit but dressing professionally will help make a good first impression.

Arrive nice and early
It's always good to arrive to your interview a little early to avoid any stress of turning up late due to things like traffic. If you are attending an interview in person, check where you need to go and make a plan of how you are going to get there. If your interview is online, ensure in advance that your computer and camera are set up and that you have a strong Wi-Fi connection.

During your interview
Whether your interview is in person or online, keep an eye on your body language, make sure to sit up straight and have good eye contact with your interviewers as this will show that you are confident and engaged. Throughout the interview, it's important that you show your enthusiasm for the course and are listening to the interviewers questions carefully. Take your time with answering the questions and don't be afraid to ask the interviewer to repeat any questions you don't understand.

Ask questions
It's useful to take a notebook and pen to your interview in case there is any important points you need to note down. Having some questions ready is useful as you can learn more about UCLan and this course to see if it's the right fit for you, it also shows the interviewer that you are prepared and enthusiastic.

Relax and enjoy!
Most importantly, enjoy it! I know this is easier said than done but you will interview better if you are more relaxed. Remember this is your time to show why you want to study here at UCLan. Whatever the outcome, it's important to remember that being invited to interviews is a big achievement in itself and you should be proud of yourself.

All the best, 😊
Sarah

Excellent advice 🤩🤩
Hi,

There is some great advice on how to prepare for a university interview with a section on BVMS interview guidance here that you may find useful.

If you have any questions about your course, interview or life here as a student I'd be more than happy to help. 😊

All the best,
Sarah
Original post by Vetmum13
Excellent advice 🤩🤩
Thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending