The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter VS Sheffield for Law

I have had unconditional offers to study Law at both Exeter and Sheffield but I am leaning towards Exeter as I like the idea of a campus uni. However, I don’t want to make the wrong decision and regret it. Are they both similar in terms of how they are viewed by employers, or is one perceived higher than the other?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have had unconditional offers to study Law at both Exeter and Sheffield but I am leaning towards Exeter as I like the idea of a campus uni. However, I don’t want to make the wrong decision and regret it. Are they both similar in terms of how they are viewed by employers, or is one perceived higher than the other?

Both universities are well respected and members of the Russell group - I do not work in the field of law but would anticipate that the reputation of both would be reasonably similar (although someone in the sector might counter that opinion). I would suggest that what will make you stand out more is the additional experiences and transferable skills that you gain alongside your studies to support your career in the future. For example at Exeter there are opportunities to participate in mooting competitors, our Community Law Clinic (where you provide legal advise to members of the local community who might struggle to access it otherwise), Exeter Law Projects (other opportunities to get experience in application of the law), skills workshops and presentations from Employers. I imagine Sheffield have similar opportunities, but it is worth doing your research or contact both universities to see how they can help you to enhance your CV for your future career to help you decide which place is best for you.

Alongside your studies, do also consider other elements of your studies such as where you will be living, because this will be 3 years of your life. Alongside your studies you will need time to switch off and so it is important you go to a place which will work for you academically and socially.

I hope this helps a bit, but do let us know if you have any further questions we can help you with.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending