The Student Room Group

Cambridge Urgent Help

I really need help- I have got to select my college for Cambridge tomorrow (it should have been today) and I cannot decide between two. I really want to study history and politics at either Queens' or Clare but cannot decide. People have told to weigh up accommodation, food, costs etc. and I have but I'm still stuck. Social life is really important tome and I have heard Clare is the best, but Queens' is apparently good too (is this true?) I know Clare accommodation is offsite but part of me quite likes that. I got to see Clare in person very rushed at the end of the open day, but not Queens. When I was there I thought it was nice but I wasn't overly sure about it, and for some reason the idea of Queens is really attracting me even though I haven't seen it. I'm wondering if I've just created a false ideal of a college I haven't seven seen. I've heard they are both friendly too. Application ratios are very similar (ruled out Kings because it is 39 to 4).Logically Clare seems better for me but I rally like the idea of Queens(maybe because I know someone there who liked it). I really am stuck on which one to choose- if anyone in either college or other colleges have heard anything good/bad about either I would really appreciate the info- I just don't want to regret not going to one over the other.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I really need help- I have got to select my college for Cambridge tomorrow (it should have been today) and I cannot decide between two. I really want to study history and politics at either Queens' or Clare but cannot decide. People have told to weigh up accommodation, food, costs etc. and I have but I'm still stuck. Social life is really important tome and I have heard Clare is the best, but Queens' is apparently good too (is this true?) I know Clare accommodation is offsite but part of me quite likes that. I got to see Clare in person very rushed at the end of the open day, but not Queens. When I was there I thought it was nice but I wasn't overly sure about it, and for some reason the idea of Queens is really attracting me even though I haven't seen it. I'm wondering if I've just created a false ideal of a college I haven't seven seen. I've heard they are both friendly too. Application ratios are very similar (ruled out Kings because it is 39 to 4).Logically Clare seems better for me but I rally like the idea of Queens(maybe because I know someone there who liked it). I really am stuck on which one to choose- if anyone in either college or other colleges have heard anything good/bad about either I would really appreciate the info- I just don't want to regret not going to one over the other.

Flip a coin.Everyone loves there own college plus you could end up being pooled elsewhere anyway.Not worth getting tied up in knots with.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Also do not make multiple threads on same topic!
Reply 3
Original post by Scotney
Also do not make multiple threads on same topic!

Hi ya! Sorry that was not intentional- I had three separate questions I was copying and pasting and must have posted the same one three times. Went back and edited them.
Reply 4
Yeah- getting to that stage. Just wanted to know if anyone at those colleges has any opinions on them.
Original post by Scotney
Flip a coin.Everyone loves there own college plus you could end up being pooled elsewhere anyway.Not worth getting tied up in knots with.
Flip a coin

Better to choose one and apply rather than miss the deadline

Even though you may apply to one college you may be allocated to another in any event.

So, if there’s so little between them that you can’t decide, it really is no more than a coin flip and
see where your application takes you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending