The Student Room Group

How do Uni's know your grades if you apply without your school

I'm applying for uni through UCAS but not doing it through my school as I'm taking a gap year and essentially have cut ties with the school.
I understand you enter your grades for A-Level and GCSE, but is that it? I'm aware unis can ask to see your certificates but they haven't come through the post yet, and probably won't for another month.

And I can't see how UCAS could know my grades if I haven't given them my candidate number or anything... Does the uni already have all the grades and cross-check by name?

It'd be very annoying if im denied an offer because the certificates haven't come through the post yet.

Just a bit concerned as I want to make sure everything is correct and whether or not applying without help from my school has an impact on things like this.
(edited 6 months ago)
Universities know when certificates arrive. They won’t reject you unless you’re unable to provide proof of your qualifications within a reasonable time period.

Who will be providing your academic reference?
Reply 2
One of the form tutors i am close with :smile:

So just to confirm: They'll ask for my certificates when they come through and that's all ill need to do. Don't need to contact the exam boards or anything?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by chezza__
One of the form tutors i am close with :smile:

SUS 😑
Reply 4
Original post by B7861
SUS 😑

hahah no i i have to provide her email and then they send her a form or something to upload the reference to. Im sure she'll write something good
hahah no i i have to provide her email and then they send her a form or something to upload the reference to. Im sure she'll write something good

Dw it’s a joke 😂
I'm applying for uni through UCAS but not doing it through my school as I'm taking a gap year and essentially have cut ties with the school.
I understand you enter your grades for A-Level and GCSE, but is that it? I'm aware unis can ask to see your certificates but they haven't come through the post yet, and probably won't for another month.

And I can't see how UCAS could know my grades if I haven't given them my candidate number or anything... Does the uni already have all the grades and cross-check by name?

It'd be very annoying if im denied an offer because the certificates haven't come through the post yet.

Just a bit concerned as I want to make sure everything is correct and whether or not applying without help from my school has an impact on things like this.

hi i'm in the exact same position whereby im doing the whole uni application process myself without any sort of support from my school and taking a gap year. but yesterday i got an offer from york and they've said that i need to provide certificates of my a levels but i havent gotten any because aparently they havent been sent out yet from the exam boards. idk when they'll send them out and if york will still keep my offer there if i delay my response. have you gotten any offers yet??
Original post by grace.louise1905
hi i'm in the exact same position whereby im doing the whole uni application process myself without any sort of support from my school and taking a gap year. but yesterday i got an offer from york and they've said that i need to provide certificates of my a levels but i havent gotten any because aparently they havent been sent out yet from the exam boards. idk when they'll send them out and if york will still keep my offer there if i delay my response. have you gotten any offers yet??

Just pick up the phone tomorrow and ring York and ask when they need your certificates by and how to submit them. They won’t reject you for not providing certificates that haven’t been printed yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending