The Student Room Group

Final year mark?

Hi, so I messed up in second year with one of my modules just receiving an uncompensated pass and this greatly reduced my overall average for 2nd year (just under a 60%), despite receiving good grades for most my modules. 2nd year is worth 25% or 35% in my uni and 3rd is worth 75% or 65%. What average would I need to get overall in order to secure a 2.1? My coursework for term 1 has come back (52%, 58% and 65%). I have my final year project which is a lot of credits and 3 other modules which have not yet been assessed. Am I cooked 😭 what average or grades would I need to get
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, so I messed up in second year with one of my modules just receiving an uncompensated pass and this greatly reduced my overall average for 2nd year (just under a 60%), despite receiving good grades for most my modules. 2nd year is worth 25% or 35% in my uni and 3rd is worth 75% or 65%. What average would I need to get overall in order to secure a 2.1? My coursework for term 1 has come back (52%, 58% and 65%). I have my final year project which is a lot of credits and 3 other modules which have not yet been assessed. Am I cooked 😭 what average or grades would I need to get

An accurate answer to this question depends upon some unknown factors, like the weighting between the two years. Is it 25:75 or 35:65? How much of your final year do those three marks (52%, 58% and 65%) represent? How many credits is "a lot of credits"? What does "just under a 60%" mean? 59%? 58%?

Without working it out, if your year 2 mark was "just under a 60%" then your final year mark will need to be just over 60% to secure a weighted average above 60% and hence a 2:1.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending