The Student Room Group

How much keep/rent should I pay my mum

I am with the open uni and get disability benefits of £1196 a month. I give my mum 682 a month. Is this too much? I keep PIP for me and give my mum my whole universal credit.
Reply 1
Original post by Squirrelbabe
I am with the open uni and get disability benefits of £1196 a month. I give my mum 682 a month. Is this too much? I keep PIP for me and give my mum my whole universal credit.

What is your mum's financial situation?How much of this money goes on shopping,extra council tax,energy,water,broadband ,rent.Perhaps you could sit down with your mum and go through the cost of you to the household.
Reply 2
My mum actually has a lower income than me I think. I love her so I don't mind paying when I applied for UC I knew that was where it was going. My brother only pays 400 a month and he is a teacher.
Reply 3
Original post by Squirrelbabe
My mum actually has a lower income than me I think. I love her so I don't mind paying when I applied for UC I knew that was where it was going. My brother only pays 400 a month and he is a teacher.

How long has your brother been teaching?Perhaps you could ask your Mum why the amounts are different.
Original post by Scotney
How long has your brother been teaching?Perhaps you could ask your Mum why the amounts are different.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending