The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS - PPE students

Anyone here who is currently doing PPE at SOAS? if so, let me know general thoughts on the course and what they think of the professors.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Anyone here who is currently doing PPE at SOAS? if so, let me know general thoughts on the course and what they think of the professors.
I'm currently studying PPE at SOAS right now, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the course setup. Not only do you have the chance to learn three majors simultaneously, but the focus of the course is also appealing. You'll have the opportunity to delve into non-Western knowledge and examine things from a Southern perspective. Especially in the philosophy module, you can choose from Buddhism, Islamic, Chinese, and even African philosophy, which you can't typically do at other universities!

As for the professors, they're all really professional and friendly, especially Dr. Matt & Dr. Elvis. They've provided me with so much support, not only academically but also personally! I think their courses are the most interesting as well (you'll have to take their modules since they're compulsory haha). But I'm sure you'll really enjoy studying PPE at SOAS, just be prepared to be swamped with assignments from all three majors! 🤣

Lesley
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Original post by SOAS
I'm currently studying PPE at SOAS right now, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the course setup. Not only do you have the chance to learn three majors simultaneously, but the focus of the course is also appealing. You'll have the opportunity to delve into non-Western knowledge and examine things from a Southern perspective. Especially in the philosophy module, you can choose from Buddhism, Islamic, Chinese, and even African philosophy, which you can't typically do at other universities!
As for the professors, they're all really professional and friendly, especially Dr. Matt & Dr. Elvis. They've provided me with so much support, not only academically but also personally! I think their courses are the most interesting as well (you'll have to take their modules since they're compulsory haha). But I'm sure you'll really enjoy studying PPE at SOAS, just be prepared to be swamped with assignments from all three majors! 🤣
Lesley
Thank you for this information… also wondering how big are the classes lectures and tutorials ?
Reply 3
Original post by SOAS
Lesley
Thank you for your great information here. How many students are there in the lectures and tutorials approximately ?? It sounds like the professors all have time for you which is great!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thank you for your great information here. How many students are there in the lectures and tutorials approximately ?? It sounds like the professors all have time for you which is great!
I think it depends on the class you take, for example, compulsory will have more students usually around 100, but each tutorial would not be greater than 20 students, so you will have a quite small but really engaging session with the professor and your classmates!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending