The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS experience

Please could anyone share their student experience of studying BA International Relations and Japanese at SOAS? Is equal time spent on both courses throughout the degree, and what’s the teaching like in both departments? Where do the majority of students come from?
Original post by fluppet
Please could anyone share their student experience of studying BA International Relations and Japanese at SOAS? Is equal time spent on both courses throughout the degree, and what’s the teaching like in both departments? Where do the majority of students come from?

Hi there, I saw you've had no replies on this and wondered if you're still interested in studying at SOAS? I did IR and Korean there from 2018-2022 so can answer any questions you have :smile:
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by fluppet

Hi, I'm a final year undergraduate studying Arabic and International Relations. Although I don't have experience with the Japanese department, the languages department overall at SOAS is extremely supportive and encouraging. The IR department is also outstanding as the professors are experts in their field, engaging students in their research and knowledge outside of their course content and providing 1-1 supports with students in their office hours. For Arabic, per week, I have 2 lectures, 2 seminars and a speaking session. For IR, per module there is 1 lecture and 1 seminar. Hope this helps!
Original post by SOAS Student Rep
Hi, I'm a final year undergraduate studying Arabic and International Relations. Although I don't have experience with the Japanese department, the languages department overall at SOAS is extremely supportive and encouraging. The IR department is also outstanding as the professors are experts in their field, engaging students in their research and knowledge outside of their course content and providing 1-1 supports with students in their office hours. For Arabic, per week, I have 2 lectures, 2 seminars and a speaking session. For IR, per module there is 1 lecture and 1 seminar. Hope this helps!

Helpful, but a year late! 😆

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending