The Student Room Group

Please help

I recently received my predicted grades and they are appalling. I was predicted B B for Maths and Computer science but I was predicted E for physics. I completely failed Physics and I don't think I'll be able to go to any university let alone my dream university. I will try my hardest to bump up my grades for a-level but applying to uni right now just isn't an option for me. I was wondering if it's possible that I can apply to a decent uni with my a-level results instead of my predicted grades. I was also considering doing a degree apprenticeship as my last resort. The results are just overwhelming me and I've almost considered giving up education all together. I can't repeat the year for other reasons. So I feel stuck. I would greatly appreciate some advice. I'm having a mental breakdown right now. Please help.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Ann3a
I recently received my predicted grades and they are appalling. I was predicted B B for Maths and Computer science but I was predicted E for physics. I completely failed Physics and I don't think I'll be able to go to any university let alone my dream university. I will try my hardest to bump up my grades for a-level but applying to uni rogjt now just isn't an option for me. I was wondering if it's possible that I can apply to a decent uni with my a-level results instead of my predicted grades. I was also considering doing a degree apprenticeship as my last resort. The results are just overwhelming me and I've almost considered giving up education all together. I can't repeat the year for other reasons. So I feel stuck. I would greatly appreciate some advice. I'm having a mental breakdown right now. Please help.

Yeah, if you want to go to university then you'd just have to smash your A-levels out of the park then apply for the next cycle. However, with degree apprenticeships, I remember that a couple had a UCAS tariff point requirement of 96 which your BBE would be sufficient for and I think with degree apprenticeships they care more about what you achieve too. So it's up to you what you choose to do but you would need to up your game for your actual A-levels either way.
Reply 2
Original post by InnateImpunity
Yeah, if you want to go to university then you'd just have to smash your A-levels out of the park then apply for the next cycle. However, with degree apprenticeships, I remember that a couple had a UCAS tariff point requirement of 96 which your BBE would be sufficient for and I think with degree apprenticeships they care more about what you achieve too. So it's up to you what you choose to do but you would need to up your game for your actual A-levels either way.

Thank you. I've been feeling extremely demotivated ever since I saw my grades yesterday. I still have around 4 months until my next bunch of tests and I think I can bump my general grades up to a C by then. Hopefully.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Ann3a
Thank you. I've been feeling extremely demotivated ever since I saw my grades yesterday. I still have around 4 months until my next bunch of tests and I think I can bump my general grades up to a C by then. Hopefully.

Nah don't give up, actually you have a lot of time right now. I went from ABC --> A*A*A within weeks so anything is possible. You'll only regret it if you stop working now.
Reply 4
Nah don't give up, actually you have a lot of time right now. I went from ABC --> A*A*A within weeks so anything is possible. You'll only regret it if you stop working now.

It's been a couple of months and after studying extensively and retaking the exam, I've finally managed to bump up my predicted grades to B B B. It's not amazing but I'm so relieved. I sent in my UCAS application 2 weeks ago and received contextual offers from University of Sussex and City University of London. Thank you so much for your advice. I didn't realize how quickly circumstances can change.
Original post by Ann3a
It's been a couple of months and after studying extensively and retaking the exam, I've finally managed to bump up my predicted grades to B B B. It's not amazing but I'm so relieved. I sent in my UCAS application 2 weeks ago and received contextual offers from University of Sussex and City University of London. Thank you so much for your advice. I didn't realize how quickly circumstances can change.

Going from an E to a B predicted is amazing! Well done for putting in the effort, I'm sure those Bs will turn into A/A*s for your actual A-levels. The fact that you've alr received offers is awesome, and I'm sure you'll get more offers soon. Good luck!
Reply 6
Going from an E to a B predicted is amazing! Well done for putting in the effort, I'm sure those Bs will turn into A/A*s for your actual A-levels. The fact that you've alr received offers is awesome, and I'm sure you'll get more offers soon. Good luck!

Thank You!

Quick Reply

Latest