The Student Room Group

[Official thread] Hamas-Israel Conflict

Scroll to see replies

Original post by B7861
Well I guess we can say Hiroshima and Nagasaki was collateral damage too in your eyes?

This is derailment but I will answer. Yes it was collateral. The Geneva convention was amended to afford protection to non combatants in 1949 after the bombs were dropped.
Original post by Guru Jason
This is derailment but I will answer. Yes it was collateral. The Geneva convention was amended to afford protection to non combatants in 1949 after the bombs were dropped.

Listen my point is this. Whether collateral damage or not, you cannot justify the killing of innocent people. That’s it, that’s all I’m saying. That’s the reason I’m disagreeing with you because you keep on saying it’s collateral damage and use this fact to justify Israel’s wrong doing over the past decades.

and now I’m definitely gonna stop this argument, after you justifying the deaths in Nagasaki by saying it’s collateral damage
(edited 6 months ago)
Israel has decided to completely blockade Gaza: they will cut off electricity and have blocked the entry of all food and fuel into the region. Gaza is going to be absolutely decimated and flattened.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 23
Original post by B7861
Listen my point is this. Whether collateral damage or not, you cannot justify the killing of innocent people. That’s it, that’s all I’m saying. That’s the reason I’m disagreeing with you because you keep on saying it’s collateral damage and use this fact to justify Israel’s wrong doing over the past decades.

and now I’m definitely gonna stop this argument, after you justifying the deaths in Nagasaki by saying it’s collateral damage

In that case, was the killing of 200+ festival goers collateral damage and can they be justified because Israel has been killing innocents too?
Reply 24
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Israel has decided to completely blockade Gaza: they will cut off electricity and have blocked the entry of all food and fuel into the region. Gaza is going to be absolutely decimated and flattened.

Unless there's a ceasefire, but I don't think that'll happen this time.
Original post by Barbu
Unless there's a ceasefire, but I don't think that'll happen this time.

No way Israel is going to agree to a ceasefire before they've retaliated spectacularly.

Gaza isn't going to outlast this conflict. Period. It's going to be a bloodbath of insane proportions. We haven't seen anything yet.
Original post by Barbu
In that case, was the killing of 200+ festival goers collateral damage and can they be justified because Israel has been killing innocents too?

What are you on about? Listen read the thread cause that’s exactly the point the I’m getting across that Israel have been killing innocents too

im not the one who was saying it’s collateral damage
Original post by frauschlange
Gaza isn't going to outlast this conflict. Period. It's going to be a bloodbath of insane proportions. We haven't seen anything yet.

Oh, absolutely. That's why this offensive by Gaza has backfired and is likely to signal its own undoing.
Reply 29
Original post by B7861
What are you on about? Listen read the thread cause that’s exactly the point the I’m getting across that Israel have been killing innocents too

im not the one who was saying it’s collateral damage

I'll ask again. Is the cold-blooded murder of 200+ festival goers JUSTIFIED because Israel have carried out similar attrocities?

If you can't answer that, then I and many on here will know you're an apologist.
Reports of Hamas bodies being left to rot in streets while Israeli bodies have been removed to be identified and buried. Reports of Israelis throwing rocks at Hamas corpses.
Actually promotiom of terrorism and you're not even being subtle about it.

"The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

Israel fits the bill here more than anyone. From it's bombings of Ghazan residential buildings and schools to check points, colonies in the West Bank, abitrary detention of men, women, children and the elderly, killing of civilians and weapon planting on their corpses, strip searching, beatings, withdrawal of water from the West Bank towards Israeli colonies, limiting food, water, electricity and other basic necessities into Ghaza, etc - I could go on. This is within the last 20 years without even going into the Nakbah where non-natives came and expelled and killed natives, committed terror attacks, and stole what is now Israel.

It is a deplorable you openly support terrorism online by explicitly asking for Israel to have a swift victory.

All I said is it is unsurprising a reaction occurs against Israelis - it is like me saying I am equally unsurprised by increased Islamophobia against myself and other Muslims because of the actions of extremists like ISIS. Does it mean I support my own oppression? No, it simply means my head is not buried in the sand and ignorant of cause and effect.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Barbu
I'll ask again. Is the cold-blooded murder of 200+ festival goers JUSTIFIED because Israel have carried out similar attrocities?

If you can't answer that, then I and many on here will know you're an apologist.

No it’s not justified, no killing of innocent people is justified! And pls tell me where was I claiming that?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reports of Hamas bodies being left to rot in streets while Israeli bodies have been removed to be identified and buried. Reports of Israelis throwing rocks at Hamas corpses.

Do you think the news or anyone else will care bout this? No they don’t give a crap. We can already tell by the way the news are covering all what is happening in Israel, but are tying to cover what israel had done to Palestine for the past few decades

it’s sad reeally
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Zamestaneh
"The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

HAMAS fits that to the T, too.

How on Earth can we live in a civil society when there are hundreds on the streets literally celebrating the deaths, rapes and tortures of innocent men, women and children?

How can we live in a society where even the Mayor of London and ex-Leader of a major party can't seem to condone outright terrorism??

I'll ask you the same question, can the deaths of 260 innocent festival goers be justified if Israel carry out the same attrocities ?
Reply 35
Original post by B7861
No it’s not justified, no killing of innocent people is justified! And pls tell me where was I claiming that?

Good, good. I'm not accusing you, I'm accusing many on this site of being complete apologists.

I'm accusing the hundreds of revelers over the last couple of days celebrating the deaths of innocents across the UK and Europe.

I'm accusing politicians for refusing to condemn the barbaric actions of HAMAS.
Original post by Barbu
HAMAS fits that to the T, too.

How on Earth can we live in a civil society when there are hundreds on the streets literally celebrating the deaths, rapes and tortures of innocent men, women and children?

How can we live in a society where even the Mayor of London and ex-Leader of a major party can't seem to condone outright terrorism??

I'll ask you the same question, can the deaths of 260 innocent festival goers be justified if Israel carry out the same attrocities ?

Condemn*

No, atrocities against civilians go against Islamic rules of war, and only combatants are viable targets in war. There is no doubt HAMAS are terrorists.

If two terrorist organisations fight, I only wish for the best solution which preserves the most justice - and that would be the defeat of the Israeli government and army. To get rid of an illness, you don't just treat the symptoms but you address the cause to prevent further illness.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Zamestaneh
Condemn*

No, atrocities against civilians go against Islamic rules of war, and only combatants are viable targets in war. There is no doubt HAMAS are terrorists.

If two terrorist organisations fight, I only wish for the best solution which preserves the most justice - and that would be the defeat of the Israeli government and army. To get rid of an illness, you don't just treat the symptoms but you address the cause to prevent further illness.

The fact you are calling a sovereign democratic nation 'an illness' and called than the terrorist organisation of hamas is laughable.
The fact you are calling a sovereign democratic nation 'an illness' and called than the terrorist organisation of hamas is laughable.

"Democratic" is appealling to a pseudo-virtue which means nothing. If the citizens of the world democratically vote for the genocide of a people, does it make it right? It is merely the fallacy ad populum.

HAMAS won their Ghaza elections last time, so they have virtue too by your logic, right? So their crimes are justified in your eyes? I guess you an equal opportunities terrorist organisation supporter, seeing the virtues of both the Israeli state and HAMAS - perhaps you aren't as antisemitic to Palestinians as you seem :rolleyes:
(edited 6 months ago)
I mean neither Palestine nor HAMAS are going to defeat Israel and wipe it off the map, and anyone who genuinely thinks so is beyond deluded. So long as Palestinians keep fighting for this fantasy there will continue to be bloodshed, a two-state solution is what's needed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending