The Student Room Group

Cambridge Land Economy 2024 offer-holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jobb11
I am interested in land economics and law; however, I am still in the process of making a decision. Would it be possible for someone to kindly share with me about your other UCAS choices that put with land econ ?
Your great sharing will be very helpful to me.

For their other choices some do economics, some law, some geography, some sustainable development, and some do combinations of these, including joint degrees. I believe one of the popular choices is Economic Studies and Global Sustainable Development at Warwick.

I think your best bet would be picking courses you think you will enjoy rather than ones that necessarily match Land Econ. In your Personal Statement anything about Econ, Geog, Law, Environment, Sustainability, real estate, planning etc can be made to be relevant, so you have plenty of scope to be creative with your UCAS choices.
hello everyone. i am a land economy applicant who just had his interview. what kind of comments should i be worried about ? the interviewers said interesting many times. i wonder if thats good
Reply 62
Original post by lalexm
For their other choices some do economics, some law, some geography, some sustainable development, and some do combinations of these, including joint degrees. I believe one of the popular choices is Economic Studies and Global Sustainable Development at Warwick.

I think your best bet would be picking courses you think you will enjoy rather than ones that necessarily match Land Econ. In your Personal Statement anything about Econ, Geog, Law, Environment, Sustainability, real estate, planning etc can be made to be relevant, so you have plenty of scope to be creative with your UCAS choices.

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous #8
hello everyone. i am a land economy applicant who just had his interview. what kind of comments should i be worried about ? the interviewers said interesting many times. i wonder if thats good

That's a positive sign!!! 😀
Original post by jobb11
I am interested in land economics and law; however, I am still in the process of making a decision. Would it be possible for someone to kindly share with me about your other UCAS choices that put with land econ ?
Your great sharing will be very helpful to me.

I’ve applied for 2024 entry. I applied for law for 4 of my unis and land economy for my Cambridge application. I received an interview offer. I made use of the additional personal statement which is in the ‘MyCambridgeApplication’ email to say why i wanted to do land Econ. I can let you know more if you need.
Reply 65
Original post by Anonymous #5
I’ve applied for 2024 entry. I applied for law for 4 of my unis and land economy for my Cambridge application. I received an interview offer. I made use of the additional personal statement which is in the ‘MyCambridgeApplication’ email to say why i wanted to do land Econ. I can let you know more if you need.

Yes, sure I want to know some more. Thanks for your kind help.
Reply 66

Would you mind pm me for further information ?
Reply 67

Please give me more detail about your PS
Original post by Tsubak
Please give me more detail about your PS

I will PS you :smile:
Reply 69
anyone get an offer?
Reply 70
Original post by gnair
anyone get an offer?

Yep daughter got in. Applied to Johns and was pooled to Murray Edwards.
Reply 71
Omg that’s awesome congratulation's!! Does she have LinkedIn so I could ask her for advice as I’m currently in year 12 and I’m considering to apply for land economy.
Reply 72
Original post by gnair
anyone get an offer?

Yep. At Caius.
Reply 73
congratulations! can I ask what you did to make yourself stand out, what subjects you did and your predicted grades?
Reply 74
Yesss offer from Pembroke- still in shock!
Reply 75
congratulations!! Was there anything you did that made you stand out?
Reply 76
Original post by gnair
congratulations! can I ask what you did to make yourself stand out, what subjects you did and your predicted grades?

Thank you! My predicted grades are A*A*A*A(Economics, Maths, Physics and Computer Science respectively). I think my interview went really well mainly and in terms of what I included in my personal statement it was quite varied, such as work experience in technology and finance in an investement bank, a 6 month STEM Program, I also did the EPQ but it was more Computer Science based and I have a lot of extra-curricular sport and volunteering. In my SAQ I just included why Land Economy and an Economics essay competition I did.
Reply 77
Ohh I see. I also wanted to ask how you found opportunities for work experiences as I'm having trouble finding some and I wanted to ask if maths, economics and psychology is okay for Land Economy.
Reply 78
Original post by gnair
Ohh I see. I also wanted to ask how you found opportunities for work experiences as I'm having trouble finding some and I wanted to ask if maths, economics and psychology is okay for Land Economy.

I didn't have any Land Economy specific work experience, anything economics or geography related will be fine. As for your A-Levels, that subject combo looks good.
Reply 79
Original post by c17ag1
I didn't have any Land Economy specific work experience, anything economics or geography related will be fine. As for your A-Levels, that subject combo looks good.

Oh alright thanks. Do you think you could recommend any places for work experience or even insight days? It doesnt need to be specific to any sector, I’m open to anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending