The Student Room Group

Cambridge Land Economy 2024 offer-holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by gnair
Oh alright thanks. Do you think you could recommend any places for work experience or even insight days? It doesnt need to be specific to any sector, I’m open to anything.

Any banking summer schools are good, they also have like insight days(or a couple of days): Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, HSBC, etc.
Reply 81
Original post by gnair
Oh alright thanks. Do you think you could recommend any places for work experience or even insight days? It doesnt need to be specific to any sector, I’m open to anything.

My daughter didn’t have any work experience other than working in charity shops and tutoring, plus Cambridge don’t usually look at work experience other that for med/vet, so don’t think that will make much difference to your chances.

You should do as many academic super circulars as possible though like EPQ, essay competitions, MOOCs, seminars etc in things relevant to land economy like urban economics, law, environment, housing, planning, sustainability.
Original post by 123livvyx
Yesss offer from Pembroke- still in shock!

Hey!! I also got an offer for Land Economy from Pembroke:smile:
Reply 83
Original post by kristoffoldenyi

Congrats!!
Reply 84
Original post by kristoffoldenyi

No way! - I was yet to here of another land econ at Pembroke! We need to try make a group chat :smile:
Reply 85
Hello. Congrats to all of you.
Would you mind sharing about your AL subject combinations and what you put in the other 4 UCAS choices?
Reply 86
Original post by jobb11
Would you mind sharing about your AL subject combinations and what you put in the other 4 UCAS choices?
Econ/Geog/Maths is the post popular combination as per https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/land_economy_statistics_cambridg

....but there is an infinite number of other acceptable combinations as there are no mandatory subject requirements.

I think to be successful you need to show that you are good at essay writing, maybe via essay based A-levels or essay competitions, and also have decent quantitative skills, maybe via a STEM or social science A-level.

A Cam professor said he would be concerned if a candidate was too far on either end of the scale e.g would someone with say Maths/FM/Physics be able to write essays, or would someone with say English/History/Art have the required quantitative skills.
Reply 87
Original post by jobb11
Yes, sure I want to know some more. Thanks for your kind help.

Do you mind PM me your personal statement too, plsssssss.
thxxxxxx
Reply 88
Original post by jobb11

Hi.. Thank you! I am doing Maths, Economics, Physics and Computer Science at A-Level( Predicted 3A*A) and I actually applied to such a wide range for my UCAS choices, because I wasn't sure what to do! Land Economy at Cambridge, Mechanical Engineering at Imperial, Computer Science at UCL, Finance at LSE and Finance and Risk Management at City.
Reply 89
Original post by c17ag1
Hi.. Thank you! I am doing Maths, Economics, Physics and Computer Science at A-Level( Predicted 3A*A) and I actually applied to such a wide range for my UCAS choices, because I wasn't sure what to do! Land Economy at Cambridge, Mechanical Engineering at Imperial, Computer Science at UCL, Finance at LSE and Finance and Risk Management at City.

Wow! Can apply to unrelated different courses ???!!! What is the application result ?
Reply 90
Original post by Anonymous #5
I’ve applied for 2024 entry. I applied for law for 4 of my unis and land economy for my Cambridge application. I received an interview offer. I made use of the additional personal statement which is in the ‘MyCambridgeApplication’ email to say why i wanted to do land Econ. I can let you know more if you need.

Sure! Pls pm me if you don’t mind. Thx
Reply 91
Original post by jobb11
Wow! Can apply to unrelated different courses ???!!! What is the application result ?

Yeah I have! Well, I've got an offer from Cambridge, Imperial and City, still waiting to hear back from the other two!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending