The Student Room Group

3 year engineering degree apprenticeship

Has anyone ever (or know anyone who has) completed or is completing a 3 year degree apprenticeship programme, specifically in engineering. What was the work load like studying for your degree while working?
Original post by steph.niji
Has anyone ever (or know anyone who has) completed or is completing a 3 year degree apprenticeship programme, specifically in engineering. What was the work load like studying for your degree while working?

Hi there,

Not many degree apprenticeships are 3 years. Because you have to fit all of the university work into 20% of your time whilst you have a full time job in the other 80%, most are 4-6 years. JLR for example is a 4 year apprenticeship programme.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Reply 2
Original post by apprentinsideryt
Hi there,

Not many degree apprenticeships are 3 years. Because you have to fit all of the university work into 20% of your time whilst you have a full time job in the other 80%, most are 4-6 years. JLR for example is a 4 year apprenticeship programme.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Through my research I have found that this is the case, but I have applied to a 3 years and 3 months apprenticeship that says you will gain a bachelors in aeronautical and manufacturing engineering by the end of it. I thought this was a little strange but that’s definitely what it says so I was wondering if anyone have ever been in the same position.
Original post by steph.niji
Through my research I have found that this is the case, but I have applied to a 3 years and 3 months apprenticeship that says you will gain a bachelors in aeronautical and manufacturing engineering by the end of it. I thought this was a little strange but that’s definitely what it says so I was wondering if anyone have ever been in the same position.

Yes sometimes they aren't a full year. I know some which last t years and 6 months.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending