The Student Room Group

Oxford Economics and Management Course

I'm in Year 13 with a predicted of A*AA in History, Maths and Economics respectively. I hoped to apply to Oxford for E&M but my Maths grade has set me back, as my teachers refuse to change this. I firmly believe I have the capability to achieve an A* and have gotten this in multiple tests during the year.

Is it worth applying to Oxford because of this, even if my personal statement and TSA are strong?
(I also hoped to apply to Warwick and LSE but for economics and economic history)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in Year 13 with a predicted of A*AA in History, Maths and Economics respectively. I hoped to apply to Oxford for E&M but my Maths grade has set me back, as my teachers refuse to change this. I firmly believe I have the capability to achieve an A* and have gotten this in multiple tests during the year.

Is it worth applying to Oxford because of this, even if my personal statement and TSA are strong?
(I also hoped to apply to Warwick and LSE but for economics and economic history)

You meet the entry requirements, so I would go for it. Just make sure your TSA scores are as high as possible - the personal statement is not graded and will not make up for poor performance.
Reply 2
Original post by emilyalexandria
You meet the entry requirements, so I would go for it. Just make sure your TSA scores are as high as possible - the personal statement is not graded and will not make up for poor performance.

Thanks! I only decided on oxford recently, so I'm trying to push through a few tsa papers a week and practice as much as possible!
i hope Oxford accepts your application ❤️
Original post by Anonymous

yeah, it will be fine i got an offer last year with a predicted grade of an a for maths

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending