The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

2023/24 Ask a UAL Student

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of the Arts London
Hello and welcome to our Ask a UAL Student Ambassador thread!

Whether you’ve received a place, already applied, or are thinking about applying to UAL, post any questions you have here and our Student Ambassadors will do their best to answer .

A little intro to our Ambassadors currently running this thread:

Name: Weronika
Course: BA Architecture, Central Saint Martins

My name is Weronika. I am a final year BA Architecture student and a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design graduate, both at Central Saint Martins. I moved to London almost 4 years ago for my studies. Apart from university life, the city offers incredible amount of events and opportunities to grow. I took my first steps into a creative career by working in an art gallery, starting some freelance design work, as well as assisting a visual artist in their exhibition preparation. At the moment, my research concentrates on sustainable city planning..

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have and share my experience. Don’t hesitate to contact me!

Name: Tejaswini

Course: MA Fashion Futures, London College of Fashion

Greetings, I'm Tejaswini, a dedicated MA Fashion Futures student at London College of Fashion (LCF). I moved from India to the vibrant and diverse city of London, and it has been nothing short of a transformative experience.

My time at UAL has been full of challenges and opportunities, all of which have contributed significantly to my personal and academic growth. I fully understand that navigating this path can be both thrilling and demanding, and I'm here to offer guidance and support throughout your journey.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out I'm here to help! 😊
Hello! I am currently applying to 2/3 Master's degrees in Fashion Business at LCF. However, I am struggling to understand what is expected in the study proposal and the video task. All help is appreciated. Thank you.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Hello! I’ve applied to both LCF and CSM for foundation courses. For LCF, I submitted my portfolio back in the last week of January, and for CSM, I did so during Feb. I still haven’t received any updates from any of them though, I worried about LCF since it’s been a while…. When can I expect to get a reply??
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous #6
Hello! I’ve applied to both LCF and CSM for foundation courses. For LCF, I submitted my portfolio back in the last week of January, and for CSM, I did so during Feb. I still haven’t received any updates from any of them though, I worried about LCF since it’s been a while…. When can I expect to get a reply??

Hi idk if this helps but I applied for undergrad for CSM back in October, sent off my portfolio early November and only heard back for an interview early February so don’t worry too much! :smile:
Hello! I am currently applying to 2/3 Master's degrees in Fashion Business at LCF. However, I am struggling to understand what is expected in the study proposal and the video task. All help is appreciated. Thank you.
Hello,

I have applied to a course each from LCF and LCC. I Have received an offer from LCF, and no response from LCC yet.
I'm really excited to accept my offer, but the LCC course was just a little bit higher in my preference. Should I wait for a response from LCC or do you only get into one course at Ual? and will accepting the offer affect my LCC application in anyway?
Original post by Anonymous #7
Hello,

I have applied to a course each from LCF and LCC. I Have received an offer from LCF, and no response from LCC yet.
I'm really excited to accept my offer, but the LCC course was just a little bit higher in my preference. Should I wait for a response from LCC or do you only get into one course at Ual? and will accepting the offer affect my LCC application in anyway?

I think you can get into multiple courses? Not entirely sure but they definitely encourage applying to multiple courses at once so I don’t see why they wouldn’t accept it.

I got an offer from LCC this morning for Interaction Design Arts, it might still vary course by course but hopefully you’ll get yours soon then!
What course are you doing?
Original post by DodoBB
Original post by pinkapoppy
I think you can get into multiple courses? Not entirely sure but they definitely encourage applying to multiple courses at once so I don’t see why they wouldn’t accept it.

I got an offer from LCC this morning for Interaction Design Arts, it might still vary course by course but hopefully you’ll get yours soon then!
What course are you doing?
thanks a lot and congrats on your offer!
I had applied for MA fashion marketing at LCF and MA Media, Cultures and Critical Practices at LCC.

Ah okay, the MA timings will be different than BA since I’ve applied for undergraduate
Original post by DodoBB
thanks a lot and congrats on your offer!
I had applied for MA fashion marketing at LCF and MA Media, Cultures and Critical Practices at LCC.
Have you received an email or just checked the portal and saw your offer?
Hello,

Original post by Anonymous #3
haven't received a mail yet, saw the update on portal.
For Teju,

Hey! I hope you're still replying. I've applied for MA fashion at CSM and saw they have started to send out interview invites over two weeks ago. I wanted to ask if they send those out all at once after reviewing the applications or as and when they review the applications. Like could the response times vary over two-three weeks for applicants?
haven't received a mail yet, saw the update on portal.
what course at lcf? is it ba or ma
Original post by Ginny777
what course at lcf? is it ba or ma
its for MA
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi, for those who interviewed for the CSM program, who typically conducts the interviews? Is it usually the course leader, or a mix of faculty/staff?Any insights appreciated!
Hello,

I interviewed for UAL a few years back so it may vary depending on the entry year and the course. For me it was course leaders and the teaching associates from my course.

I think it is always fair to expect to be interviewed by someone very familiar with the course and the subject of study. Having said this I Would recommend using the interview as an opportunity to ask questions about the course and this department which shows your interest to the interviewer and gives you an opportunity to better understand the course fit.

Good luck!
Weronika
Original post by Bella Wan
Hi there! I really want to know how long it takes to hear back from you after the interview haha. Mine took place on the 6th of February and so far have not received any update in the portal & UCAS. Thanks!!
Hi Bella,

the response time varies based on the course and current level of applicants, but I would like to assure you that every candidate will be informed about the decision. In case you are getting worried while waiting, there is also a possibility to email the course's admissions and ask for an update.

I wish you well!
Weronika
Original post by Jessa0811
Hi for Weronika, I was wondering what is a good laptop for the architecture course? Is there a certain one students go for that is best suited? Thank you 🙂
Hi Jessa,

Thank you for reaching out. I think the best option is a high spec one, I would recommend the ones that can carry heavy programs (like Rhino Ceros 3D software) or have loads of memory. Usually, it would be the similar type that people use for gaming.

Having said this, it is not a necessity, but an ideal to have. I went though my entire degree with a MacBook. There are computers available at the campus to use in the library and the computer lab. You can always use them and they would have the design softwares installed, during the university opening hours.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Weronika
Original post by Anonymous #4
I’m not able to upload my portfolio on Pebblepad - it’s not uploading when I click confirm. Any help? URGENT!!
Hello,

I recommend contacting Student Support Services or the admissions team.

Here is some guide on how to upload your portfolio in case this helps: https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/apply/after-you-apply/how-to-upload-your-portfolio

I hope you managed or will mange to resolve it soon.
Weronika
Original post by University of the Arts London
Hello and welcome to our Ask a UAL Student Ambassador thread!

Whether you’ve received a place, already applied, or are thinking about applying to UAL, post any questions you have here and our Student Ambassadors will do their best to answer .

A little intro to our Ambassadors currently running this thread:

Name: Weronika
Course: BA Architecture, Central Saint Martins

My name is Weronika. I am a final year BA Architecture student and a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design graduate, both at Central Saint Martins. I moved to London almost 4 years ago for my studies. Apart from university life, the city offers incredible amount of events and opportunities to grow. I took my first steps into a creative career by working in an art gallery, starting some freelance design work, as well as assisting a visual artist in their exhibition preparation. At the moment, my research concentrates on sustainable city planning..

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have and share my experience. Don’t hesitate to contact me!

Name: Tejaswini

Course: MA Fashion Futures, London College of Fashion

Greetings, I'm Tejaswini, a dedicated MA Fashion Futures student at London College of Fashion (LCF). I moved from India to the vibrant and diverse city of London, and it has been nothing short of a transformative experience.

My time at UAL has been full of challenges and opportunities, all of which have contributed significantly to my personal and academic growth. I fully understand that navigating this path can be both thrilling and demanding, and I'm here to offer guidance and support throughout your journey.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out I'm here to help! 😊
Hi,
I have a question for Teju.

I am an international student too, starting at LCF this fall. What is a more cheaper accommodation option - UAL student halls or private student halls?
I really want to stay at the UAL halls, but there seems to be none close to the new LCF building? which halls have the best connectivity to LCF, and do you suggest any?
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hi Jessa,

Thank you for reaching out. I think the best option is a high spec one, I would recommend the ones that can carry heavy programs (like Rhino Ceros 3D software) or have loads of memory. Usually, it would be the similar type that people use for gaming.

Having said this, it is not a necessity, but an ideal to have. I went though my entire degree with a MacBook. There are computers available at the campus to use in the library and the computer lab. You can always use them and they would have the design softwares installed, during the university opening hours.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Weronika

Hi Weronika thank you for answering my last question about the laptop :smile: I was wondering if UAL specifically CSM do offer holder days?
@anon 7 congrats on your offer. What course at LCF did you get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending