The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

2023/24 Ask a UAL Student

Scroll to see replies

Hello,
I am looking to apply for the MA FASHION COMMUNICATION : FASHION IMAGE course at CSM, UAL 2025 intake. I am a Fashion stylist and was hoping to get some insights about the course particularly for Fashion styling. Does the course incorporate Styling along with photography and other aspects? and is it suitable for someone who wants to step up as a stylist in the industry. What does the course curriculum look like and is it a good course to do for aspiring stylists?
Do I have to show experience and projects that are not related to styling in the portfolio? Awaiting a response!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Hello!
I got an offer from Fashion MA in CSM.
I noticed on the website that the course spans 17 months full-time. Does the course have any short vacations?
I’m an international student, so I was wondering if I have some time to go back to my own country during the course.
Thank you!
Original post by University of the Arts London
Hello and welcome to our Ask a UAL Student Ambassador thread!
Whether you’ve received a place, already applied, or are thinking about applying to UAL, post any questions you have here and our Student Ambassadors will do their best to answer .
A little intro to our Ambassadors currently running this thread:
Name: Weronika
Course: BA Architecture, Central Saint Martins
My name is Weronika. I am a final year BA Architecture student and a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design graduate, both at Central Saint Martins. I moved to London almost 4 years ago for my studies. Apart from university life, the city offers incredible amount of events and opportunities to grow. I took my first steps into a creative career by working in an art gallery, starting some freelance design work, as well as assisting a visual artist in their exhibition preparation. At the moment, my research concentrates on sustainable city planning..
I would be happy to answer any questions you might have and share my experience. Don’t hesitate to contact me!
Name: Tejaswini
Course: MA Fashion Futures, London College of Fashion
Greetings, I'm Tejaswini, a dedicated MA Fashion Futures student at London College of Fashion (LCF). I moved from India to the vibrant and diverse city of London, and it has been nothing short of a transformative experience.
My time at UAL has been full of challenges and opportunities, all of which have contributed significantly to my personal and academic growth. I fully understand that navigating this path can be both thrilling and demanding, and I'm here to offer guidance and support throughout your journey.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out I'm here to help! 😊
Hi Tejaswini,

Hello from India! :smile: I'm applying for the MA Fashion Artefact for Sep'24 intake. I'm looking for some guidance with the study proposal. If there are some samples or templates of format I could see, it would be of great help. Thanks in advance!

-Sona
Hello, has anyone applied for any MA course at LCF from India, would love to connect further!
Original post by PM56
Hey, congrats! I'm taking the same course. Want to connect on Instagram?

Great! What’s your ig id??
Original post by PM56
pranjali_menaria

Thanks!! I just followed you :-)
Whether you’ve received a place, already applied, or are thinking about applying to UAL, post any questions you have here and our Student Ambassadors will do their best to answer .
My name is Weronika. I am a final year BA Architecture student and a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design graduate, both at Central Saint Martins. I moved to London almost 4 years ago for my studies. Apart from university life, the city offers incredible amount of events and opportunities to grow. I took my first steps into a creative career by working in an art gallery, starting some freelance design work, as well as assisting a visual artist in their exhibition preparation. At the moment, my research concentrates on sustainable city planning..
I would be happy to answer any questions you might have and share my experience. Don’t hesitate to contact me!
Greetings, I'm Tejaswini, a dedicated MA Fashion Futures student at London College of Fashion (LCF). I moved from India to the vibrant and diverse city of London, and it has been nothing short of a transformative experience.
My time at UAL has been full of challenges and opportunities, all of which have contributed significantly to my personal and academic growth. I fully understand that navigating this path can be both thrilling and demanding, and I'm here to offer guidance and support throughout your journey.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out I'm here to help! 😊

Is it possible to work part time alongside a BA fashion design degree? I know it’s intensive course but would be super helpful to understand if doing somewhere between 14-20 hours a week work seems possible?
Reply 87

Hello!
What is the course capacity at LCF? Do different courses share some classes or does every course have different schedules and subjects?
Original post by Yukyukmukduk
Is it possible to work part time alongside a BA fashion design degree? I know it’s intensive course but would be super helpful to understand if doing somewhere between 14-20 hours a week work seems possible?

Hello!

Yes it is possible! We understand living in London is expensive (especially atm!). We offer lots of support when it comes to looking for potential paid work/opportunities. We have an entire platform called ArtsTemps which can help you find work whilst you're studying and beyond!

Hope this helps and best of luck with your future studies!!
Best,
Georgia
Reply 89
Morning,

I had an interview for the architecture k101 ba course at csm just over a week ago. I was wondering how ual csm offer students a place for the course as it has become apparent to me that they had two interview periods for students one in February and one in march. I was also frustrated that I got my interview in march as they had asked to resubmit my portfolio previously twice from December-march due to some confusion showing that their system in allocating students an interview from the admissions team was not clear from my personal experience. As a result I got an interview in the second batch in march and not in February which was the first batch and those in the first batch have received their offers before the easter break. I still have not received an offer from csm due to this and am hoping to receive one when they reopen on the 8th next week. Please could you let me know what may have happened and how I will receive an offer from them. Thanks.
Reply 90
Original post by SAN.29
Morning,
I had an interview for the architecture k101 ba course at csm just over a week ago. I was wondering how ual csm offer students a place for the course as it has become apparent to me that they had two interview periods for students one in February and one in march. I was also frustrated that I got my interview in march as they had asked to resubmit my portfolio previously twice from December-march due to some confusion showing that their system in allocating students an interview from the admissions team was not clear from my personal experience. As a result I got an interview in the second batch in march and not in February which was the first batch and those in the first batch have received their offers before the easter break. I still have not received an offer from csm due to this and am hoping to receive one when they reopen on the 8th next week. Please could you let me know what may have happened and how I will receive an offer from them. Thanks.

please do let me know @rep thank you
Hello!
Yes it is possible! We understand living in London is expensive (especially atm!). We offer lots of support when it comes to looking for potential paid work/opportunities. We have an entire platform called ArtsTemps which can help you find work whilst you're studying and beyond!
Hope this helps and best of luck with your future studies!!
Best,
Georgia

That’s really helpful, thanks so much Georgia!
Original post by SAN.29
please do let me know @rep thank you

Hi there!

I understand this must be really frustrating for you.

Unfortunately, this isn't my area of expertise so I can't provide you with a helpful answer but I would recommend you contact our admissions team directly. They will be able to provide you with an explanation, let you know what has happened and what you can expect in the coming weeks and beyond.

Best of luck!
Georgia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending