The Student Room Group

Revision timetable

I have currently come out of the hospital which I was in for half a week and because of this I missed a week Off college and I feel like I don't have the time to catch up on any of the work. This has become really stressful and I am now struggling to create a good revision timetable from 7pm -9pm. Could anyone help with this ? Thank you:smile: 
Reply 1
Original post by ChanelHeaton
I have currently come out of the hospital which I was in for half a week and because of this I missed a week Off college and I feel like I don't have the time to catch up on any of the work. This has become really stressful and I am now struggling to create a good revision timetable from 7pm -9pm. Could anyone help with this ? Thank you:smile: 

I may not have the best advice since I myself struggle with falling behind often. But you should definitely only do what is within your mental and physical capacity since health always comes first.
What you can do first is list the tasks you have and break them down into smaller chunks to know what to do exactly and prioritise! Then work through them in your own pace and when you really don't want to, work for as little as 5 minutes.
But instead of only focusing on catching up, I would encourage you to just keep up with the current studies more so you're not in a constant cycle of catching up with work. Depending on the subject, if it is content based for example, I would recommend watching yt videos of topic summaries, using the blurting method and correcting it making sure you cover the specification for this topic.
So from 7 first watch a yt video, then take a piece of paper and blurt everything you remember for about 15 minutes, then take about 30mins adding in what you have missed. Take a break for 10-15 minutes NOT ON SCREENS, I definitely encourage walking I think it helps you concentrate. For the last hour maybe just do any homework given to you, answer questions and review your notes. Although the way you revise would really depend on your subject. I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by ChanelHeaton

Hi @ChanelHeaton,

I'm sorry to hear that, hope you're feeling better!

Getting back on track with revision can get overwhelming, but if we start by going through content in smaller, manageable amounts, the transition getting back into it should be easier and less stressful. As you only have a few hours to dedicate to revision per day, I would suggest that you treat your revision timetable to mirror your timetable at college. E.g If you have maths and biology on Mondays, spend Monday evenings for revising those subjects; or if you have English and Chemistry on Thursdays, revise those subjects on Thursday evenings. This allows you to cater a more concise revision schedule that allows you to dedicate your time throughout your subjects more equally.

If you're looking to create a digital or physical timetable I recommend you use Notions' study planner templates. Additionally, you could look at the syllabus for each of your subjects and identify the topics you need extra brushing up on. There are plenty of revision techniques you can search up online that best suits you. You can find some tips and advice with that here.

Wishing you all the best,
Danish :smile:
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending