The Student Room Group

Difficult situation

I've recently started a new job and am on my third week of online training, everything is going really well so far and I haven't got a problem with it, except for the fact that online training is from 6pm to 9:30pm in the evening.

This Friday, I have a family friend's wedding coming up and that is also in the evening, which clashes with my training. I'm not sure what to do because I'd really like to go but it is clashing with my training time. (I could have attempted to sort things out earlier, but I was invited last minute, when originally it was only my parents that were supposed to attend.) I've been wanting to email my manager, though she hasn't been responsive over the past week, even though she is online. I've emailed her about work related things and she hasn't responded to me at all, so I doubt I'd even get a response in time in regards to this wedding situation.

Any advice?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Did you know about this training commitment when you took the job. If so I would respect it, unless you can agree otherwise with your boss. If it wasn’t agreed at recruitment you can be more assertive and say something has come up, unfortunately you can’t make it, but want to make up the training another time. It does seem a bit weird to provide the training in the evenings, Friday in particular, though
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
Did you know about this training commitment when you took the job. If so I would respect it, unless you can agree otherwise with your boss. If it wasn’t agreed at recruitment you can be more assertive and say something has come up, unfortunately you can’t make it, but want to make up the training another time. It does seem a bit weird provide the training in the evenings, Friday in particular, though

Thanks for your reply. I was only told after getting the job that training would be at these times, my boss already hasn't been responding to my emails - so I'm thinking of asking the person who's leading the training instead and completing Friday's training activity in advance - though I don't know what's going to happen. You're right, the timings are bad :s-smilie: I don't like having to choose over things in situations like this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending